Call Today! 888-234-8376
Tips to Getting Life Insurance with Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a serious condition that not only disrupts daily life, but can also interfere with your life insurance eligibility. However, if you have irritable bowel syndrome you are not automatically disqualified. There are many factors companies consider when underwriting clients for life insurance with pre-existing conditions. Keep reading to know more about your options.
Can I get life insurance with IBS?
You will most likely still be able to qualify for traditional life insurance with IBS.
The life insurance company may still want more information before you are approved. Some of the things the life insurance company may want to know include:
- Date of diagnosis. Life insurance companies always want to know how long you have had a medical condition. This helps them to assess the complications and prognosis.
- Medications. If you are taking medications for IBS, then the life insurance underwriter will want to know about it. They want to know how you are managing the syndrome as well as what health risks may be associated with your medications. They will also ask you how long you have been taking each medication.
- Flare-up history. Of course you may not know all of your flare-ups, but an underwriter will want to know about the last time you had an IBS flare up, and about the severity of it.
- Surgery or other procedures. Some people opt for surgical procedures related to IBS. If you have had any procedure, the life insure company underwriter will want to know about it.
- Colonoscopy results. A company will ask you about your last colonoscopy. They will want the date of your colonoscopy and the results.
Call Today 888-234-8376
Getting Life Insurance with IBS
As we already stated, the good news for IBS patients is that you will likely still get life insurance coverage. You may, however, be considered high risk and pay a higher premium.
Every life insurance company has a different way of determining a potential customer’s monthly premium. Some life insurance companies will charge a much higher premium for people who suffer from or have suffered from IBS. Others, however, will not. It ultimately comes down to the health rate category you are assigned.
That means applying with the right life insurance company can help save you money.
How do I know which life insurance company is right for someone with IBS?
There are a lot of things that go into choosing a life insurance company—or qualifying a life insurance company (or policy) as “right” for a person. That’s because even two people who have IBS might benefit more from differing insurance companies than from the same.
Your best bet is to speak with a licensed life insurance agent. They can find out more about you and help you find the right company for your needs.