Now we’ll be the first to admit that we don’t get a ton of folks giving us a call and asking us if their Sprintec prescription is going to have a negative effect on their life insurance application. But since we do have folks ask us if taking “birth control” will affect their life insurance application we figured we might as well take a moment and just set some folks minds at ease.
Will taking Sprintec affect your life insurance application?
No, having a prescription for Sprintec shouldn’t affect your life insurance application one way or another.
Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol and norgestimate) is a prescription medication that contains female hormones that prevent ovulation. Spintec works by causing changes in the cervical mucus and uterine lining, thereby making it harder for sperm to reach the uterus and harder for a fertilized egg to attach to the uterus.
Now since Sprintec isn’t known to be used to treat any other condition other than for the prevention of pregnancy, we don’t have to worry about or rule out any possible secondary uses that may cause a life insurance underwriter to worry.
So, if taking Sprintec won’t affect my life insurance application, what might?
Since we’ve taken the time to rule out any possible affects Sprintec may have on your life insurance application, let’s just take a moment to review some of the more common life insurance application questions so that you can get an idea of what “may” actually play a role in the outcome of your life insurance application.
Common life insurance application questions:
- How old are you?
- What is your current height and weight?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with any previous medical conditions such as heart disease, stroke, cancer or diabetes?
- Has any of your immediate family members (mother, father, brother or sister) ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Are you currently taking any prescription medications other than Sprintec?
- In the past 12 months have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- In the past 12 months have you used any marijuana products?
- Do you have any issues with your driving record, such as a suspended license, multiple moving violations or DUI?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?
- Do you have any set plans to travel outside of the United States in the next 2 years?
- Have you filed for bankruptcy in the past 2 years?
- Do you actively participate in any dangerous hobbies or activities such as rock climbing, hang gliding or sky diving?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
From here, the insurance companies will generally have a pretty good idea about the “type” of life insurance policies you will and won’t be eligible for as well as what “rate” you may qualify for as well.
At this point…
We here at TermLife2Go also like to take a look at some of the newer “no medical exam” term and whole life insurance options that are available for those who would qualify. Particularly for those who do not have any life insurance in place right now since the application process for these types of policies is generally less than 24 hours vs several weeks for policies that will require a medical exam.
We here at TermLife2Go operate as an independent life insurance brokerage that is able to work with dozens of different life insurance companies so that when it comes time to finding you the best possible life insurance policy out there, we’re going to have dozens to choose from!
Ok, so now that…
We’ve nearly bored you to death, are you ready to take a look at some actual quotes that you may be able to qualify for? If so, we would strongly encourage you to take a look at our Term Life Insurance Quotes page where you’ll have access to quotes instantly from dozens of different life insurance companies.
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!