Now we’ll be the first to admit that we don’t often get that many people calling us, asking if their NuvaRing prescription birth control is going to affect their life insurance application, but since we occasionally do have people ask us if “being” on birth control has any affect.
For those folks who may be curios, we figured we’d just write this brief little article about NuvaRing and here goes.
Will taking NuvaRing affect my life insurance application?
No, taking NuvaRing should not affect your life insurance application. The main reason being is because NuvaRing really doesn’t have any “secondary” uses other than to prevent pregnancy, which is why insurance companies aren’t going to factor its use into the decision making process.
NuvaRing (ethinyl estradiol, etonogestrel) is a prescription medication that contains hormones that prevent ovulation. NuvaRing also causes changes in the cervical mucus and uterine lining, making it harder for sperm to reach the uterus and harder for a fertilized egg to attach to the uterus. NuvaRing is used to prevent pregnancy.
So if NuvaRing isn’t going to affect my life insurance application, what will?
Since we’ve already covered the fact that your NuvaRing prescription won’t play a role in the outcome of your life insurance application, it only makes sense to just briefly discuss what may end up playing a role in what “rate class” you’ll be approved for when you apply for life insurance.
Common questions used by insurance companies to determine what rate class you may or may not qualify for will include:
- How old are you?
- What is your current height and weight?
- Have you been diagnosed with any pre-existing medical conditions?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Has any of your immediate family member such as your mother, father, brother or sister ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Are you taking any prescription medications other than NuvaRing?
- In the past 12 months have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- In the past 12 months have you used any marijuana products?
- Do you have any issues with your driving record, such as a suspended license, multiple moving violations or a DUI?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?
- Do you have any set plans to travel outside of the United States? This one may seem weird, but what the insurance companies are looking for here is, are you planning on traveling anywhere dangerous like Syria, Iran, North Korea, etc..
- Do you participate in any dangerous activities or hobbies such as sky diving, hang gliding, or rock climbing?
- In the past 2 years have you filed for or applied for bankruptcy? Here’s another weird on and this one only really applies to one major life insurance company, we simply ask the question because if the answer is yes, we can eliminate them from consideration.
- Are you currently working now?
- And in the past 12 months have you applied for or received any type of disability benefits?
Now as you can see, the insurance companies are going to ask a wide variety of questions in an effort to better determine the “type” or risk you will represent to them as a potential policy holder.
And we’ll do the same…
Except when we ask these questions, we’re not only doing it to try to determine what rate class you may or may not qualify for, we’re also doing it so that we can “weed out” certain life insurance carrier that may not be the best option for you.
Here at TermLife2Go, we work as an independent life insurance brokerage that is able to work with dozens of top rated life insurance companies so that when we’re working to help find you the best possible life insurance policy that you can qualify for, we’re not just limited to one or two different options!
Tired of reading…
We bet you are, but before you leave us for good, we would strongly encourage you to check out our Instant Life Insurance Quotes page before you go and see if one of the companies that we work with will meet your needs!
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!