According to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of American as of 2012, nearly 17.6 million adults and 6.6 million children had been diagnosed with hay fever. Worldwide, it is believed that allergic rhinitis (AKA hay fever) affects somewhere between 10-30 percent of the population.
Which is why it comes as no surprise that we’ll often get calls from folks who are using Nasacort AQ asking about whether or not its use will affect their life insurance application.
About Nasacort AQ:
Nasacort AQ (Triamcinolone) is a prescription medication that is used to prevent the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation. Typical symptoms treated by Nasacort AQ include sneezing, itching and runny nose caused by seasonal allergies and/or hay fever.
About Hay Fever (Allergic Rhinitis):
Hay fever, also known as allergic rhinitis, is defined as inflammation in the nose which occurs when the immune system overreacts to allergens in the environment. Signs and symptoms include a runny or stuffy nose, sneezing, red, itchy, and watery eyes, and may also include swelling around the eyes as well.
Will Nasacort AQ affect my life insurance application?
As a general rule of thumb, you’re typically going to find that because Nasacort AQ is simply used to treat hay fever which is not considered a “life threatening” condition, its use will not play a role in the outcome of your life insurance application.
Or put another way, having a prescription for Nasacort AQ will not prevent you from being able to qualify for the best possible life insurance rate out there, a Preferred Plus!
So if using Nasacort AQ isn’t going to affect my life insurance application, what will?
There are a lot of factors that will be used to determine your eligibility for life insurance and what price you will end up having to pay for your coverage once approved. Now the easiest way to learn more about what interests an insurance company during the application process is to simply look at the questions that they are asking.
Common life insurance application questions which will be used to determine eligibility and price:
- How old are you?
- What is your current height and weight?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with any pre-existing medical conditions?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Have any of your immediate family members (mother, father, brother or sister) ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Are you taking any additional prescription medications other than Nasacort AQ?
- In the past 12 months have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- In the past 12 months have you used any marijuana products?
- Do you have any issues with your driving record, such as a suspended license, multiple moving violations, or DUI?
- In the next 2 years do you have any set plans to travel outside of the United States? Insurance companies are concerned about those traveling to what might be considered a dangerous location.
- In the past 2 years have you filed for or declared bankruptcy? Some insurance companies simply won’t insure anyone for a traditional term or whole life insurance policy if they have. Don’t worry, there are plenty of companies that will, we just need to rule out those that won’t if you have filed for bankruptcy.
- Do you actively participate in any dangerous hobbies or activities such as hang gliding, bungee jumping or sky diving?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
As you can see there are a lot of potential factors that may or may not influence the outcome of your life insurance application. Additionally, since each insurance company will have its own set of underwriting guidelines, it’s quite possible that what might be a factor with one insurance company simply won’t be considered by another!
This is why…
It’s so important to work with a life insurance brokerage like TermLife2Go which has established relationships with dozens of different life insurance companies so that when you’re deciding which life insurance company is going to offer you the best deal, you don’t have to settle on just one or two different options!
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!
Ok so if you ready to start “shopping” your options and don’t want to have to wait for an email to arrive with your quotes or speak with an agent for 20 minutes, just click on our Life Insurance Quotes and get access to your quotes instantly!
And since we still have your attention…
It’s fair to say that most people who decide to purchase a life insurance policy do so that they can protect their loved one’s financial future in the event of their death.
But what happens if you get sick but don’t die?
Is your family’s financial future still protected? Probably not. Which is why we would encourage you to also take a look at the following articles which will discuss some other “types” of life insurance policies that can not only protect your family’s financial future, they could also significantly help our your own as well.