Now to be completely honest with you, we don’t often get asked if someone’s Loestrin 24 FE prescription is going to affect their life insurance application, however we will on occasion have someone ask us if their “prescription birth control” will play a role in their life insurance application.
Since we do occasionally get asked, we figured we’d take a moment and just set a couple of things straight. First, taking a prescription birth control medication will not affect the outcome of your life insurance application and second, if you’re not exactly sure what life insurance companies look at when evaluating one’s life insurance application, KEEP ON READING.
About Loestrin 24 FE.
Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol, norethindrone and ferrous fumarate) is a prescription medication birth control bill that is a combination medication that contains female hormones that prevent ovulation, and causes changes in the cervical mucus and uterine lining which makes it harder for a fertilized egg to attach to the uterus.
And since it really doesn’t have any “secondary” uses, it’s use isn’t going to play a role in determining the outcome of your life insurance application.
So if Loestrin 24 FE isn’t going to play a role in my life insurance application, what will?
Most life insurance applications will generally share most to the same types of questions that are used to determine both the health of an applicant as well as try to identify some “unhealthy” or “hazardous” life style choices in an effort to determine who an insurance company will and won’t insure. These questions will also be used, in part, to determine the “rate” or price that an applicant will need to pay in order to purchase their life insurance.
These questions will generally look something like this:
- How old are you?
- What is your current height and weight?
- In the past 12 months have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- Have you been diagnosed with any pre-existing medical conditions?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Has any of your immediate family members: mother, father, brother or sister ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Are you taking any additional prescription medications other than Loestrin 24 Fe?
- Do you have any issues with your driving record, such as a suspended license, multiple moving violations or a DUI?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?
- Do you have any set plans to travel outside the United States in the next 2 years?
- Do you actively participate in any dangerous hobbies or activities such as hang gliding, sky diving, or rock climbing?
- Have you filed or declared bankruptcy within the paste years?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
As you can see the questions that a typically life insurance application will ask can be pretty extensive.
But don’t freak out too much!
Because even if you find yourself saying “Yes” to one or maybe even all of these questions, it doesn’t mean that you won’t be able to qualify for life insurance or that you’ll end up paying a fortune. It just means that you’re definitely going to want to be “careful” before you ending up applying for life insurance.
Here at TermLife2Go we’ve chosen to remain and independent life insurance brokerage so that we can pick and choose among dozens of highly rated life insurance companies so that in the even that one insurance company isn’t right for you, we’ll just move on to the next one!
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!
Ready to look at some quotes?
But would rather not speak with a life insurance agent right away? No problem, just check out our Free Online Life Insurance Quotes page which will allow you to see dozens of different life quotes from dozens of different life insurance companies!