Usually the only time that we have folks ask us about whether or not their Aviane prescription is going to affect their life insurance application is when they’ve either heard somewhere, or read somewhere, that “insurance” companies are going to order what is called a “prescription database” check.
Which, let’s be honest, the term “prescription database check” can sound a bit scary?
But in reality, having a life insurance company order a prescription database check on you isn’t something to worry about in fact, most times, having such a report run:
- Saves the applicant the time and energy of actually having to look up any medications that they’re currently taking now or have taken in the past.
- May save the insurance company from having to actually order medical records from your primary medical doctor.
- And in the event that you’re applying for a “No Medical Exam” life insurance policy, it could help you get insured within just a few hours of applying!
When it comes to having a life insurance company learn that you’re currently taking Aviane, you really don’t have much to worry about simply because, Aviane isn’t prescribed to treat any pre-existing condition, its simply used to prevent pregnancy.
Aviane (ethinyl estradiol and levonorgestrel) contains a combination of female hormones that are designed to prevention ovulation. Avian works by causing changes in the cervical mucus and uterine lining making it harder for sperm to reach the uterus and harder for a fertilized egg to attach to the uterus.
Our recommendations for those using Aviane:
When examining what options might be available for a client that is currently taking Aviane, what we’ll usually do is:
- First: Determine the type of coverage the applicant is looking for?
- Second: Determine what types of coverage the applicant might be able to qualify for.
- Third: Compare a fully underwritten life insurance policy (policies that require a medical exam) vs a “No Medical Exam” life insurance option.
What type of coverage are you looking for:
Now it’s quite common for an individual to give us a call without having any idea what “type” of life insurance they’re looking for, but it’s rare for someone to call us and not know “why” they want to purchase a life insurance policy!
This is why when it comes time to determining what type of life insurance coverage you want, we’ll typically just ask:
Why do you want to purchase life insurance today? Is it to:
- Protect a spouse or child?
- Cover the cost of a mortgage?
- Insure a business?
- Protect lost wages?
- Or just cover the cost of a burial?
The answer that you give, will go a long way in determining what type of coverage you’re looking for.
From here we’ll begin to ask questions about what type of policy you can qualify for.
Typical questions you’ll likely be asked to answer in order to determine your eligibility will include:
- Height and Weight?
- Do you have any pre-existing medical conditions?
- Are you taking any prescription medications other than Aviane?
- In the past 12 months have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- Do you have any issues with your driving record?
- Do you participate in any dangerous activities or hobbies?
- Etc, etc…
Then once we have a pretty good idea about why you want to purchase life insurance along with what type of coverage you can qualify for, we’ll then compare our best fully underwritten policy options (policies that will require a medical exam) with our best “No Medical Exam” life insurance options to see if it may make more sense to go with a “No Medical Exam” life insurance option and get you fully insured today!
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!
Lastly, because you may be eligible for a life insurance policy that will not require you to take a medical exam, we would encourage you to take a look at our No Medical Exam Life Insurance Quote page which will allow you compare prices of policies that will require you to take a medical exam vs those that won’t.