We’ll often receive calls or quote requests from folks who are taking Vytorin wondering if it’s use will have a negative effect on their life insurance application, and while it’s always tough to know for sure, in general, it’s pretty safe to say that “not” taking Vytorin, and applying “with” elevated cholesterol levels will be much worse that “taking” Vytorin and applying with well controlled cholesterol levels.
At the end of the day, we here at TermLife2Go actually prefer working with clients who are already taking a medication to control their cholesterol levels because in truth, these clients are often way easier to work with!
Now why do we say this?
It’s simple, if you’ve already been diagnosed with high cholesterol, and you’re treating it, chances are, you:
- Meet with your doctor routinely.
- You already have your cholesterol levels in check.
- And you probably have a pretty good idea about your overall health.
Now compare this to a client who is certain that they’re in great shape but haven’t actually had a physical preformed by a medical doctor in years. These are the clients that always make us nervous because we always run the risk of discovering that they have:
During their medical exam!
Provided that you choose to apply with the right life insurance company, using Vytorin to treat your elevated cholesterol levels should preclude you from being able to qualify for a Preferred or Preferred Plus rate class, provided that you would otherwise qualify.
So, if Vytorin isn’t necessarily going to affect the outcome of my life insurance application, what will?
Now assuming that you do choose to apply with a company that is not going to penalize you simply because you’re using a prescription medication to control your cholesterol levels the next step will be to examine some of the other factors that insurance companies use in determine who they will and won’t insure and try to match you up with those that will “best” meet your needs.
Common questions used by insurance companies to determine Eligibility and Price.
- What is your birthdate?
- How tall are you?
- How much do you weigh?
- Are you currently taking any other prescription medications other than Vytorin?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with any serious pre-existing medical conditions?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Has any of your immediate family members ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Have you used any tobacco or nicotine products in the past 12 months?
- Have you used any marijuana products in the past 12 months?
- Do you have any issues with your driving record?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?
- Do you have any set plans to travel outside of the United States in the next 2 years?
- Do you participate in any dangerous hobbies or activities such as hang gliding or bungee jumping?
- In the past 2 years have you filed for or declared bankruptcy?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
From here, the insurance companies will generally have a pretty good idea about what “type” of life insurance policy you will be eligible for and at what price.
It’s at this point…
That we here at TermLife2Go also like to examine what types of “no medical exam” life insurance options may or may not be available for our “healthier” clients. We particularly like to look at no medical exam term and whole life insurance options for those that don’t currently have any life insurance coverage in place now, simply because these types of products can provide full coverage in less than 24 hours in most situations if a client is eligible!
Ok, so now…
That we’ve covered most of the basics, are you ready to take a look at some actual quotes that you may be able to qualify for?
If so, we would strongly encourage you to visit our page Life Insurance Policy Quotes where you’ll be instantly compare quotes from dozens of different life insurance companies!
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today at and see what we can do for you!