For those who are currently having a difficult time getting approved for life insurance, you may want to read the following articles which focus on difficult to place insurance policies: Best Final Expense Burial Insurance and Top 10 Best No Medical Exam Companies
Valium is one of those medications that can often times be very difficult for some life insurance agents to accurately quote properly. This difficult can be because:
- Valium can often be used to treat conditions which will simply make qualifying for a traditional term or whole life insurance policy impossible.
- Some insurance companies will simply error on the side of caution when it comes to folks using Valium which means that some agents simply won’t have a traditional life insurance option for valium users.
- Lastly, due to the complexity of some of the medical conditions which valium can be used to treat, some agents simply won’t be experienced enough to differentiate between those “uninsurable” cases and those that can find coverage with “certain” insurance carriers.
Valium belongs to a group of drugs called benzodiazepines that are used to treat anxiety disorders, alcohol withdrawal symptoms, and/or muscle spasms. Valium works by altering chemicals in the brain that may have become unbalanced thereby causing symptoms of anxiety.
So Whatcha Got?
As you can see, Valium can be used to treat a wide variety of medical conditions, some such as muscle spasms aren’t going to be much of a concern while others such as alcohol withdrawal or anxiety could potentially cause your life insurance application to be denied.
This is why you’re going to find that an insurance company is going to need to learn more about “why” you’ve been prescribed Valium prior to being able to make any decisions regarding your life insurance application.
Common questions you’ll likely be asked when regarding your Valium use.
- Why have you been prescribed Valium?
- Who prescribed your Valium? A psychiatrist or a general practitioner?
- Are you currently taking any other prescription medications?
- How long do you anticipate needing to take Valium?
- Over the past 12 months has your Valium prescription changed at all?
- Have you needed to visit the emergency room for your condition or required an overnight hospital stay?
- Do you have any history of drug or alcohol abuse?
- Do you have any issues with your driving record, such as a suspended license, multiple moving violations or DIU?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
From here the insurance companies will generally have a pretty good idea of what types of life insurance policies you may or may not be eligible for, as well as what rate class you might qualify for.
At this point, the insurance companies may also decide that they need to order your medical records from your doctors prior to being able to make a decision on your life insurance application. Now this isn’t necessarily a bad thing, in fact, having access to your medical records may be exactly what the insurance company needs in order to be able to approve your life insurance application at a great rate!
It’s also important to remember…
That each insurance company will have its own rules and regulations when it comes time to determining who they will and won’t insure. This is why it’s so important to have options when determining who you should send your application too and why we here at TermLife2Go have worked so hard to establish great relationships with several dozen life insurance companies.
TermLife2Go is an independent life insurance brokerage that is able to work with dozens of different life insurance companies so that when it comes time to helping you find the best possible life insurance policy that you can qualify for, we’re going to have a “ton” of options to choose from.
Now as we stated before, here at TermLife2Go, we work with dozens of the “best” life insurance companies in the nation, so if you’re ready to take the next “step” and see what your insurance might cost, simply visit our Best Term Life Insurance Quotes page and instantly see if we have anything that might meet your needs.
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!