Now we’ll be the first to admit that we don’t often have folks specifically call us asking if their prescription birth control is going to affect the outcome of their life insurance application. But since we do, on occasion, get the occasional question, we figured we’d take moment to just briefly discuss it here in this article.
So will taking a prescription birth control affect your life insurance application?
No, it shouldn’t, so if you just happen to be using any of the following:
- Yasmin 28,
- Or Yaz,
Just to name a few, you needn’t worry that it’s going to negatively affect the outcome of your life insurance application.
Now with that said…
If taking a prescription medication isn’t going to negatively affect your life insurance application outcome, you may be wondering what could potentially affect your life insurance application?
To answer this question, we’ll take a look at what are some of the more common life insurance application questions and see how they could potentially uncover some potential issues which could ultimately affect the outcome of your application.
Common questions that are frequently found on a life insurance application.
- Your birth date?
- Your current height and weight?
- Have you been diagnosed with any pre-existing medical conditions?
- Have you ever suffered from a heart attack, stroke, cancer or been diagnosed with diabetes?
- Are you taking any other prescription medications other than birth control?
- Have any of you immediate family members (mother, father, brother, or sister) ever been diagnosed with heart disease, cardiovascular disease, cancer or diabetes?
- In the past 12 months have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- In the past 12 months have you used any marijuana products?
- Do you have any issues with your driving record? Such as a suspended driver’s license, multiple moving violations or a DUI?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?
- In the past 2 years have you applied for or declared bankruptcy? Yes, we understand this is a weird one, but since a couple of the “major” life insurance carriers use this as an underwriting criteria, we’ll always ask the question.
- Do you have any set plans to travel outside of the United States in the next 2 years? Insurance companies are trying to determine if you have any set plans to travel to any “potentially” dangerous locations like North Korea, Syria, Iran, Iraq, etc…
- Do you participate in any dangerous activities such as hang gliding, bungee jumping or sky diving?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
From here, the insurance companies will generally have a pretty good idea about what “type” of life insurance you’ll be eligible for and what rate class you’ll most likely qualify for.
Here at TermLife2Go…
We’ll also have a pretty good idea about what “type” of life insurance you’ll be eligible for, in addition to “which” insurance company we think is going to offer you the best rate.
Here at TermLife2Go, because we’re an independent life insurance brokerage, we don’t need to simply rely on one or two different life insurance options. Instead, we’re able to work with dozens of different life insurance companies which means that when it comes to trying to find you the “best” possible life insurance policy that you can qualify for, we’ll literally going to have dozens of options to choose form!
Ready to see…
What you may have to pay? Well if so, simply visit our page: Compare Medical Exam Required and No Medical Exam Life Insurance Quotes and then if it looks like we may have a good fit for you, just give us a call!
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!