Now we don’t get all that many calls or quote requests from folks who are worried about whether or not their Travatan prescription is going to affect the outcome of their life insurance application. In fact, it would probably be safe to say that in over have the cases where folks are actually using Travatan, we here at TermLife2Go don’t even learn about it!
Travatan is a prostaglandin analog used to treat pressure in the eye (ocular hypertension) and open-angle glaucoma in patients who cannot use or don not respond well to other medications.
Travatan works by reducing the pressure in the eyes by increasing the amount of fluid that drains from the eyes.
That since Travatan is really only used to treat glaucoma, a condition defined by an increase pressure in the eyeball that can potentially lead to blindness, and not any other type of “life threatening” condition, life insurance companies generally don’t pay it much attention.
And neither do most applicants…
Which is why when we ask folks whether or not they’ve ever been diagnosed with any pre-existing medical conditions or if they are taking any prescription medications, Travatan and glaucoma will often be overlooked.
Now would we prefer our clients to mention that they are taking Travatan and have been diagnosed with glaucoma?
Sure we would, because we always like to know all the facts because the truth is, most clients aren’t going to be aware of what will and won’t potentially affect the outcome of their life insurance application which is why we always want to know as much as possible about you and your health BEFORE we actually submit your life insurance application.
So if using Travatan to treat glaucoma isn’t going to affect my life insurance application, what could potentially affect my life insurance application?
Since we’ve already established that using Travatan to treat glaucoma isn’t going to affect your life insurance application, it only makes sense to take a moment to review what could potentially affect the outcome of your life insurance application.
And the best way to do that is by looking at some of the more common life insurance application questions. Questions such as:
- How old are you?
- What is your current height and weight?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with a pre-existing medical condition?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Has any of your immediate family members (mother, father, brother, sister) ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- In the past 12 months have you used any type of tobacco or nicotine products?
- In the past 12 months have you used any type of marijuana products?
- Do you have any issues with your driver’s license such as a suspended license, multiple moving violations or DUI?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony?
- In the past 2 years have you filed for or declared bankruptcy?
- In the next 2 years do you have any set plans to travel outside of the United States?
- Do you participate in any dangerous hobbies or activities such as hang gliding, rock climbing or bungee jumping?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
As you can see, the insurance companies will definitely as a wide variety of questions that are going to focus both on health related issues as well as lifestyle decisions in order to get a better idea about what “type” of risk you will pose to them as an insured.
What we do here at TermLife2Go is..
We use these same questions to learn more about you as well as to “shop” your application with the dozens of different life insurance companies that we work with so that when we’re done asking these questions, you should have several fantastic life insurance companies to choose from!
Enough already! How much is this all going to cost?
If this is how you feel, we would strongly encourage you to check out our Compare Life Insurance Quotes Instantly page which will give you access to quotes from dozens of different life insurance companies and will even let you only look at quotes from companies that won’t require a medical exam!
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!