For those who are currently having a difficult time getting approved for life insurance, you may also want to read the following articles which focus on difficult to place insurance policies: 10 Great Final Expense Insurance companies and Our 10 Best No Medical Exam Life Insurance Companies
Topamax is one of those medications where once an insurance underwriter sees it, he or she is going to have a list of questions that will need to be answered before they will be willing to make any type of determination about your life insurance application.
And so will we…
You see here at TermLife2Go, our goal is to try to “predict” all the questions that an insurance company will have about your condition so that we can first:
- Choose to apply with the “right” life insurance company right from the start. A company that will be the most understanding with regards to your pre-existing condition.
- Properly prepare your application so that the insurance company won’t have to go “digging” for answers that we already have readily available for them.
This is particularly important for clients who are taking Topamax simply because Topamax can be used to treat a wide variety of conditions.
Topamax (Topiramate) is a prescription medication that can be used by itself or in combination with other medications to prevent and control seizures for those who have been diagnosed with epilepsy.
Topamax can also be used to help prevent migraine headaches and/or decrease the frequency by which one suffers from migraines as well.
So whatcha got?
Since Topamax can be used to treat several different conditions, knowing why you’ve been prescribed Topamax is going to be essential in the underwriting process as well as understanding the severity of your condition.
The good news is…
That for each of these conditions, the underwriting guidelines are pretty much the same. If you suffer from what would be considered a “mild” case of either epilepsy or migraine headaches, chances are you’ll still be eligible for a Preferred or Preferred Plus rate class. However, if your condition is more severe, it’s possible you may only qualify for what is called a “Table Rating” or may be denied coverage all together.
Questions that will frequently be used to determine the severity of your condition:
- Why have you been prescribed Topamax?
- How old where you when you were first diagnosed with your condition?
- How long have you been treating your condition?
- Are you currently taking any other prescription medications to treat your condition?
- Over the past year, has your medications changed?
- Have you ever been hospitalized due to your condition?
- Have you ever needed to visit the emergency room due to your condition?
- Do you have any issues with your driving record, such as a suspended license, multiple moving violations or DUI?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
From here, the insurance companies will generally have a pretty good idea about the severity of your condition and know whether or not they may need to order medical records from your primary care physician before they’ll be able to make a decision about your life insurance application.
We here at TermLife2Go…
Will also have a pretty good idea about what you will and won’t be able to qualify for, plus we’ll also have a pretty good idea about which life insurance “company” might be best for you.
You see, because we operate as an independent life insurance brokerage that is able to work with dozens of different life insurance companies, we’re not “bound” to any one underwriting criteria. Which means that we can pick and choose from the dozens of insurance carriers that we work with in an effort to get you the best possible deal out there!
So… now for all those folks…
Who are now saying to themselves:
“Thanks for the information, but you still haven’t told me how much this is going to cost!
And you’re right…
So, all you need to do now is visit our Whole Life Insurance Quotes page when you can shop dozens of different life insurance companies and have their quotes “pop up” instantly on your screen!
And since we still have your attention…
It’s fair to say that most people who decide to purchase a life insurance policy do so that they can protect their loved one’s financial future in the event of their death.
But what happens if you get sick but don’t die?
Is your family’s financial future still protected? Probably not. Which is why we would encourage you to also take a look at the following articles which will discuss some other “types” of life insurance policies that can not only protect your family’s financial future, they could also significantly help our your own as well.