We don’t get that many people asking us if Rozerem, a prescription medication that is used to help treat those with insomnia, but even if we did, it really wouldn’t take up much of our day because Rozerem (ramelteon) is one of those medications that an insurance company really isn’t worried about.
Rozerem (ramelteon). Rozerem is a sedative used to treat insomnia that works by affecting certain substances in the body that help regulate the “sleep-wake cycle”.
And in the world of life insurance…
Probably the most important characteristic of Rozerem is that it has proven itself to NOT BE habit forming or addicting, which is a major concern for any life insurance company.
So you may be asking yourself now, if my prescription for Rozerem isn’t going to affect my life insurance application, what will?
So since we’ve established that you’re Rozerem prescription should affect the outcome of your life insurance application, we should also touch on the condition which it is used to treat… AKA your insomnia.
Insomnia is generally defined as the difficulty of falling asleep and/or staying asleep, even when an individual is given an opportunity to do so. People who suffer from insomnia will generally feel dissatisfied with their sleep and typically experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- Difficult concentrating,
- Low energy,
- And decreased performance at work or school.
None of which are life threatening, however, insurance companies will look at many different health and lifestyle factors to see if your insomnia has reached a severity level that should be considered in the underwriting process.
To do this, the insurance companies will ask all of the “same” life insurance application questions, but also view your answers through a “insomniac” lens so to speak.
So with that in mind, let’s just take a quick look some of the more common life insurance application questions:
- How old are you?
- What is your current height and weight?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with any pre-existing medical condition other than insomnia?
- Have you ever suffered from a heart attack, stroke, cancer or diabetes?
- Has any of your immediate family members ever suffered from a heart attack, stroke, cancer or diabetes?
- Are you taking any other prescription medications other than Rozerem?
- Has your prescription for Rozerem changed over the past 12 months?
- Do you have any history of drug or alcohol abuse?
- Do you have any issues with your driving record, such as a suspended license, multiple moving violation, or DUI’s?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
Now as you can see, the insurance companies will certainly ask a lot of questions focusing on a wide variety of topics, but at the end of the day, what you’re going to find is that for the vast majority of folks who are suffering from insomnia, your condition is going to play a very small role in the outcome of your life insurance application (if any role at all).
Now the good news is…
That even if you suffer from “severe” insomnia that has caused significant consequences to your daily qualify of life, we here at TermLife2Go have worked very hard to foster relationships with dozens of different life insurance companies, which means that for even those who may find it difficult to find a great rate on their life insurance, we should be able to help!
Ok, so if you ready to start “shopping” your options but don’t necessarily want to speak with an agent yet, just click on our Online Life Insurance Quotes and get access to your quotes instantly!
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!