For those who are currently having a difficult time getting approved for life insurance, you may also want to read the following articles which focus on difficult to place insurance policies: 10 Great Final Expense Burial Insurance companies and Our 10 Best No Medical Exam Life Insurance Companies
In general, there seems to be two different types of asthma sufferers.
- Those that can’t imagine why an insurance company would be worried about the fact that they have been diagnosed with asthma,
- and those who can completely understand why an insurance company would be interested in the fact they have been diagnosed with asthma.
Now for those that…
Can’t imagine why “their asthma” could be a cause for concern it’s important to understand that each day 10 Americans die from asthma related causes, and approximately 3600 Americans will die each year. Which means that once an insurance company has determined that you’ve been prescribed ProAir HFA and Proventil HFA, they’re initially going to consider you a “high” risk applicant.
About ProAir HFA and Proventil HFA (:
ProAir HFA and Proventil HFA ( (albuterol) is a bronchodilator used treat or prevent bronchospams in people with reversible obstructive airway disease. ProAir HFA works by relaxing muscles in the airways and increases air flow to the lungs.
Which means that…
Before an insurance company can determine that “Your” asthma is nothing to worry about, they’re going to need to ask a few questions to determine the severity of your situation. Common questions you likely be asked would include:
- How old were you when you were first diagnosed with asthma?
- How long have you been treating your asthma?
- Is ProAir HFA or Proventil HFA the only prescription medication that your using to treat your asthma?
- In the past 12 months have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- How often do you suffer from an asthma attack?
- When was your last asthma attack?
- Have you ever been hospitalized due to an asthma attack or needed to visit the emergency room?
- Do you experience more asthma attacks during certain times of the year?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months have you applied for or received any type of disability benefits?
As you can see, insurance companies are going to ask a lot of very specific questions in order to get a better understanding of the severity of your condition.
Now what you’ll generally find is that…
If you simply have a “mild” case of asthma and haven’t used any tobacco or nicotine products, there’s a really good chance that you’ll still be eligible for some of the best possible life insurance rates out there, a Preferred or Preferred Plus.
If you suffer from a more “severe” case of asthma or you have “mild” case of asthma and use tobacco or nicotine, it’s quite possible that you may not be eligible for a traditional term or whole life insurance policy. Ultimately it will be the individual insurance underwriter that will ultimately decide who will and won’t be eligible for coverage.
The good news is that…
There are plenty of different life insurance companies out there offering a variety of different types of life insurance policies (term life insurance vs whole life insurance vs a guaranteed life insurance). And many of them are all going to have their own internal rules and regulations when it comes time to deciding who they will and won’t insure. This is why we here at TermLife2Go have worked so hard to establish relationships with dozens of different life insurance companies so that when we’re confronted with one of those more “challenging” applications, we’ll know just where to send it.
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today at 866-760-8760 and see what we can do for you!
Lastly, because you may be eligible for a life insurance policy that will not require you to take a medical exam, we would encourage you to take a look at our No Medical Exam Life Insurance Quote page which will allow you compare prices of policies that will require you to take a medical exam vs those that won’t.