Now even though we don’t get too many women asking us about whether or not their Premarin or Premarin tab prescription is going to affect their life insurance application, with over 477 million postmenopausal women in the world today, it only makes sense to take a brief moment to discuss one of the more common medications that they may or may not end up taking.
About Premarin (premarin tabs)
Premarin (estrogen) is a prescription medication that contains a mixture of estrogen hormones that are used to treat vaginal symptoms of menopause such as dryness, burning, irritation and painful sexual intercourse.
Will using Premarin (Estrogen) affect the outcome of your life insurance application?
No, having a prescription for Premarin should not play a role in the outcome of your life insurance application what so ever.
But now we should at least…
Take a look at what factors may play a role in the outcome of your life insurance application. After all, it was your curiosity about Premarin that led you to this article which must mean that you at least have some curiosity about how life insurance companies decide who they do and don’t want to insure, and at what rate.
So let’s take a look…
Probably the easiest way to figure out what a life insurance company is interested in is to take a look at what some of the most common life insurance application questions are and go from there.
Common questions you’ll likely encounter on a life insurance application will include:
- Your age?
- Your height and weight?
- Have you been diagnosed with any previous medical conditions?
- Have you ever suffered from a heart attack, stroke, cancer or diabetes?
- Has any of your immediate family members (mother, father, brother or sister) ever suffered from a heart attack, stroke, cancer, or diabetes?
- In the past 12 months have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- In the past 12 months have you used any marijuana products?
- Are you taking any other prescription medications other than Premarin?
- Do you have any set plans to travel outside of the United States? This may seem like a weird one, but the insurance companies just want to make sure that you don’t have a “summer” home in Syria or North Korea.
- In the past 2 years, have you filed for or declared bankruptcy? Now there are plenty of companies where this isn’t an issue, but since one or two major insurance companies do use this question to determine who they will and won’t insure, we ask it so that we can eliminate those companies from our options.
- Do you have any issues with your driving record? Such as a suspended license, multiple moving violations or DUI’s?
- Do you participate in any dangerous hobbies or activities such as bungee jumping, sky diving or rock climbing?
- Are you currently working now?
- And in the past 12 months have you applied for or received any type of disability benefits?
As you can see, the list of questions that most life insurance companies will as will definitely focus on a wide variety of topics, and it’s important to note that even if you say “yes” to anyone of these questions or even “yes” to all of these questions, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you won’t be eligible for life insurance. It may just mean that you’re definitely going to want to be working with a life insurance brokerage like TermLife2Go.
We here at TermLife2Go have worked very hard over the years to develop relationships with dozens of different life insurance companies so that no matter what “type” of client that we have, a super healthy one, or one who may or may not have a few existing medical conditions, we should have at least a few options for them to consider.
Will we be able to help everyone?
No, unfortunately there are some individuals due to their current health status that we simply cannot help, but that doesn’t mean that we don’t try every day to find a new life insurance option for them so that one day we will be able to help them.
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!
Lastly, for those who are really in a hurry to get a “general” idea about how much their life insurance might cost them, we would recommend that you check out our No Medical Exam Life Insurance Quote page which will allow you compare prices multiple term and whole life insurance quotes instantly!