When you consider that fact that there are nearly 61 million women in their childbearing years (15-44) living in the United States Today and nearly 16% of them actually are currently using some type of prescription medication to prevent pregnancy, you would think that we would get a lot more people asking us if their prescription birth control is going to affect the outcome of life insurance application.
One of the first questions we’ll ask them on nearly every life insurance application is:
“Are you currently using any prescription medications?”
But the truth is most people don’t ask, in fact, most people don’t even mention that they’re using a prescription birth control when asked about their prescription medication history.
Why is this?
We’re not sure but since most if not all prescription birth control medications including Ortho Tri-Cyclen and Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo really aren’t going to be a factor during a typical life insurance application, which is why it’s not something that has really caused us much concern.
About Ortho Tri Cyclen and Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo?
Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol and norgestimate). Ortho Tri-Cyclen contains female hormones that prevent ovulation by causing changes in the cervical mucus and uterine lining, making it harder for sperm to reach the uterus and harder for a fertilized egg to attach to the uterus.
So if Ortho Tri Cyclen and Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo aren’t going to affect my life insurance application, what will?
Now because you’ve found this page, and you were wondering if your prescription birth control may affect your life insurance application, we’re going to go out on a limb here and just assume that you may be a “bit” nervous about applying for life insurance. So… let’s try to alleviate some of that nervousness by taking a moment to actually review some of the more common life insurance application questions so that we can get a better idea about what may “potentially” play a role in your life insurance application outcome.
Common questions found on most traditional term and whole life insurance applications:
- Height and weight?
- Are you currently taking any prescription medications other than Ortho Tri-Cyclen?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with any pre-existing medical conditions?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Has any of your immediate family members (mother, father, brother, or sister) ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- In the past 12 months have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- In the past 12 months have you used any marijuana products?
- Do you have any issues with your driving record such as a suspended license, multiple moving violations or DUI?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?
- Do you have any set plans to travel outside of the United States within the next 2 years?
- In the past 2 years have you filed for or declared bankruptcy?
- Do you participate in any dangerous hobbies or activities such as hang gliding, rock climbing or bungee jumping?
- Are you currently working now?
- And in the past 12 months have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
Now as you can see, the insurance companies will as a wide variety of questions, all designed to try to determine the potential “risk” that you represent to them should they wish to provide insurance for you.
The good news is that…
Should you decide to apply for life insurance with us here at TermLife2Go, we’re also going to use these same questions that the insurance companies use, however, for our purposes, we’re going to be using these questions to help us “weed out” those insurance companies that may not be the best fit for you.
Here at TermLife2Go, we work as an independent life insurance brokerage that is able to work with dozens of highly rated life insurance companies. Which means that when it comes time to finding you the best possible life insurance policy out there, we’re going to have dozens to choose from!
If you’re ready to see some prices but don’t necessarily want to speak with an agent, what we would recommend that you do is simply check out our Free Life Insurance quotes page which will allow you to simultaneously compare dozens of different life insurance quotes by dozens of top rated companies instantly!
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!