As a general rule of thumb, it’s pretty safe to say that the agents here at TermLife2Go, actually prefer working with client’s who have already been prescribed a medication to treat their cholesterol levels simply because this in general, this will also mean that:
- The client has seen their doctor relatively recently.
- They’re already aware that they have high cholesterol and are doing something about it.
- And chances are if they haven’t already been diagnosed with some other type of pre-existing medical condition already, we should be “good to go” during the life insurance application process.
Compare this to folks who…
“Believe” that they’re in great shape, despite that fact, that they actually haven’t “visited” their doctor in nearly 10 years! These are the “type” of clients who are certain that they’ll be able to qualify for the best life insurance rates only to learn 2 weeks after their life insurance medical examination that their:
- Blood pressure is through the roof.
- Cholesterol levels are a mess.
- And they’re now considered diabetic due to their blood sugar levels!
No thanks! We’ll take the Niaspan ER users every day over that type of client!
About Niaspan ER:
Niaspan ER is a prescription medication that works to promote a heathy “cholesterol ratio” by working to reduce levels of “bad” (low-density lipoprotein or LDL) and triglycerides in the blood, while increasing the levels of “good” (high-density lipoprotein, or HDL) cholesterol.
The tricky part is that…
Niaspan ER is also used to lower the risk of heart attack in people with high cholesterol and who have already had a heart attack or a history of coronary artery disease.
Which means that…
If you’re simply using your Niaspan ER to improve your overall cholesterol ratio, what you’re generally going to find is that insurance companies aren’t necessarily going to “penalize” you for using it. If fact, provided that you meet all other requirements, there’s a really good chance that you’ll still be eligible for a Preferred or Preferred Plus rate (provided that you apply with the right insurance company).
If you already have a history of heart disease and/or heart attack, your use of Niaspan ER will simply be another indicator that the insurance company will need to ask more questions about your pre-existing heart condition.
Questions you’ll likely be asked by the insurance company will include:
- Why have you been prescribed Niaspan ER?
- How long have you been taking Niaspan ER?
- Who prescribed your Niaspan ER? Your primary care physician or a cardiologist?
- Have you been diagnosed with heart disease?
- Have you ever suffered from a heart attack?
- What is your current height and weight?
- In the past 12 months have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- Have you taken a cardiac stress test in the past 12 months? If so how did you do?
- Have you had a recent EKG performed? If so how did it look?
From here, how you respond to each of these questions can and will likely initiate several other follow up questions so that the insurance company can get a better idea about whether or not you’ll be eligible for what is called a fully underwritten term or whole life insurance policy.
After reviewing your answers to these questions, the insurance company may decide that they would like to order your medical records. If this happens, don’t be alarmed, in many cases, having your medical records ordered and reviewed will often be a “good thing” because this will simply provide more evidence supporting how healthy you are today!
The main takeaway…
From all of this is that, regardless of why you’re using Niaspan ER, we here at TermLife2Go have pretty much seen it all, which is why you’ll find that by working with us, not only will you be working with an agent who is an expert in his or her field, they’re also an expert that has access to dozens of the best life insurance companies in the industry.
Which means that when it comes time to finding you that perfect life insurance policy, we’re going to have plenty of options.
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!
Now we know a lot of you would rather take a look at a few quotes before you actually spoke with an insurance agent which is why if you visit our quote page: Best Term and Whole Life Insurance quotes your quotes will appear instantly giving you access to everything we see on our end!