For those who are currently having a difficult time getting approved for life insurance, you may want to read the following articles which focus on difficult to place insurance policies: 10 Best Life Insurance Companies, According to TermLife2Go, TermLife2GO’s Top 10 No Medical Life Insurance Companies as Best Final Expense Insurance companies.
When it comes to helping folks who are using Methylin (Methylphenidate) and/or Ritalin find life insurance coverage, the first thing we’re going to need to learn more about is “why have you been prescribed your Methylin?”
Now the lion’s share of those who are using Methylin are using it to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), however there are those rare cases where it is also used to treat narcolepsy (a sudden and uncontrollable attack of drowsiness and sleepiness).
About Methylin and Ritalin:
Methylin (methylphenidate) and Ritalin are prescription medication classified as a central nervous system stimulant. Methylin works by affecting chemicals in the brain and nerves that contribute to hyperactivity and impulse control.
So… Whatcha Got?
The outcome of your life insurance application is going to depend greatly on the condition being treated by your Methylin in addition to the severity of that condition as well. This is why, regardless of why your using Methylin, insurance companies are generally going to ask you some pretty similar questions to try to get a better understanding of how your condition is affecting your life.
Common questions Methylin users will be asked during a life insurance application will include:
- Why have you been prescribed Methylin and/or Ritalin?
- Who prescribed your Methylin and/or Ritalin your primary care physician or a psychiatrist?
- How long have you been taking your Methylin and/or Ritalin?
- Are you taking any other prescription medications?
- Have you been diagnosed with any other pre-existing medical conditions?
- Do you have any history or drug or alcohol abuse?
- Have you ever been hospitalized for your medical condition?
- Do you have any issues with your driving record? Such as a suspended license, multiple moving violations or DUI?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?
- Do you actively participate in any hazardous activities or hobbies such as sky diving, rock climbing or bungee jumping?
From there the insurance companies are generally able to get a pretty accurate idea about the severity of your condition and be able to decide if they’ll want to move forward with the application and possible order your medical records, or simply decide that you may not be eligible for a certain “type” of life insurance product.
Here at TermLife2Go…
Here at TemLife2Go, we’ll also take a look at your answers to these questions and also try to determine your “eligibility” while also simultaneously trying to determine which one of the many different insurance companies might be best for you.
Whenever someone has a pre-existing medical condition there is always that risk that there may be one or two different life insurance companies that have simply made it their “rule” to avoid such “types” of applicants. Which means that if you make the mistake of applying for life insurance without knowing any better, you could be denied coverage by them and be left “feeling” that your uninsurable!
And while this may…
Be the case in some circumstances, it’s not often the rule. In fact, we here at TermLife2Go will routinely find life insurance coverage for folks who have been previously turned down before simply because we have so many options to choose from when submitting one of our “higher risk” applicants.
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!
We know that there are going to be a bunch of you who simply want to be able to look at some “general” life insurance quotes before they actually want to talk to a “live” agent. So, if this describes you, feel free to check out our Term Life Insurance Quotes page where you’ll have access to instant life insurance quotes from dozens of different life insurance companies.