While we don’t get a ton of calls from folks asking us if their Low-Ogestrel (ethinyl estradiol and norgestrel) prescription birth control medication will affect their life insurance application, we have had enough people for us to warrant writing a brief article about it. So… here we go!
Will your Low-Ogestrel prescription affect your life insurance application?
Low-Ogestrel (ethinyl estradiol and norgestrel) is a prescription medication that contains female hormones that are used to prevent ovulation and causes changes the cervical mucus and uterine lining which makes it more difficult for sperm to reach the uterus and for a fertilized egg to attach to the uterus, thereby preventing implantation/pregnancy.
And Unlike many other types of prescription medications….
Low-Ogestrel’s isn’t used to treat a variety of conditions which could potentially concern a life insurance company. This is why, simply having a prescription for Low-Ogestrel isn’t going to raise any “red flags” during your life insurance application and why it shouldn’t play a role in the outcome of your application.
So if Low-Ogestrel, isn’t going to play a role in your life insurance application, what will?
Factors that will typically come into play during most fully underwritten term or whole life insurance policies will include things such as:
- Your age?
- Your current height and weight?
- Have you been previously diagnosed with any medical conditions?
- Have you been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, a stroke or diabetes?
- Has any of your immediate family members ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or cancer?
- In the past 2 years have you been hospitalized for any reason?
- Do you us any tobacco or nicotine products? Or more importantly have you in the past 12 months used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- Have you in the past 12 months used any type of marijuana products?
- Do you have any issues with your driver’s license, such as a suspended license, multiple moving violations, or DUI?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?
- Do you have any set plans to travel outside of the United States in the next two years? For this one the insurance companies simply don’t want to insure someone that is traveling to a “dangerous” location such as Syria, Iraq or Afghanistan. So no need to cancel your cruise to Jamaica!
- In the past 2 years have you ever filed for or declared bankruptcy? Yes, we know that this is a weird one but some insurance companies use this in their underwriting.
- Do you actively participate in any dangerous activities such as hang gliding, sky diving, or bungee jumping?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
Now as you can see, insurance companies are pretty thorough in their initial life insurance application questions. For the insurance companies, these questions are designed to do two things. First they’re designed to determine eligibility and second, they’re used to determine the price one will need to pay to purchase their life insurance.
The TermLife2Go “twist”…
What you’ll notice when you decide to work with TermLife2Go is that we’re also going to use these same “type” of questions as well. The only difference is that in addition to trying to determine eligibility and price, we’re also going to use these questions to “weed out” those life insurance companies that simply aren’t going to offer you the best “fit” for your situation.
Here at TermLife2Go, we’ve chosen to remain an independent life insurance brokerage that is able to work with dozens of highly rated life insurance companies which means that if you find that you’re suddenly being discriminated against because you:
- Love to go rock climbing.
- Or you occasionally use marijuana,
- Or you declared bankruptcy a year and a half ago.
- Or because for some reason an insurance company doesn’t feel you’re PERFECT!
We here at TermLife2Go will simply move on to Plan B and look at a different life insurance company. That is why we choose to work with some many life insurance companies, it’s not because it makes our life any easier, it simply so that we can offer our clients dozens of opportunities for success!
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!
Ok now that you’ve got a basic idea about “how’ you’ll be able to get insured, are you ready to take a look at some quotes from the companies that we feel are currently the “best” in the industry?
Well if so, just click on our Life Insurance Quotes page and give us a call once you are ready to move forward!
And since we still have your attention…
It’s fair to say that most people who decide to purchase a life insurance policy do so that they can protect their loved one’s financial future in the event of their death.
But what happens if you get sick but don’t die?
Is your family’s financial future still protected? Probably not. Which is why we would encourage you to also take a look at the following articles which will discuss some other “types” of life insurance policies that can not only protect your family’s financial future, they could also significantly help our your own as well.