Now as a general rule of thumb, in most cases when we have someone that is currently taking Levaquin (Levofloxacin) to treat some type of bacterial infection, we’ll first need to determine the severity of that infection before we can accurately make any predictions on whether or not it will affect your life insurance application.
Levaquin (levofloxacin) is a prescription medication that is in a group of antibiotics called fluoroquinolones. Fluoroquinolone type medications are used to treat bacterial infections of the skin, sinuses, kidneys, bladder, or prostate.
They may also be used to treat bacterial infections caused by bronchitis or pneumonia and treat people who have been exposed to anthrax or plague.
Which means that your Levaquin could be used to treat something that insurance companies won’t think twice about or it could be used to treat something potentially life threatening!
So whatcha got?
Clearly in the vast majority of cases that we see here at TermLife2Go, are going to be cases where the Levaquin prescription is simply being used to treat some type of minor bacterial infection which means that its use really shouldn’t play much if any role in determining the outcome of your life insurance application.
Now if you’re actually suffering…
From a much more serious medical condition such as pneumonia, the plague or exposure to anthrax, insurance companies are simply going to want to wait until you have recovered from such conditions before considering your application for approval (With the exception of what are called guaranteed issue life insurance policies which will not take current health condition into account).
So this brings us back to those using Levaquin to treat minor conditions.
Now if your simply using Levaquin to treat a minor bacterial infection, and you’re otherwise completely heathy, there’s definitely a good chance that you’ll be eligible for a great life insurance policy, you may even be eligible for a terrific “no medical exam” option which we encourage all of our clients to consider.
Other factors that will come into play…
But before we can be certain about what types of life insurance policies you may or may not be eligible for, it’s important for us to take a look at some other factors that may come into play. Factors such as:
- Your age?
- Your current height and weight?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with any other pre-existing medical conditions?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Has any of your immediate family members: mother, father, brother or sister ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease stroke or diabetes?
- In the past 12 months have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- In the past 12 months have you used any marijuana products?
- Are you currently taking any other prescription medications other than Levaquin?
- Do you have any issues with your driver’s license?
- Have you ever received a DUI?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?
- Do you participate in any dangerous hobbies or activities such as hang gliding, sky diving or rock climbing?
- Are you currently working?
- In the past 12 months have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
As you can see, there’s a lot that goes into qualifying for “traditional” term or whole life insurance policy, which is why if you’ve found yourself answering “yes” to one or several of these questions, you’ll definitely want to apply for your life insurance using an insurance brokerage like TermLife2Go.
Here at TermLife2Go, we have chosen to work as an independent life insurance brokerage that is capable of working with dozens of highly rated life insurance companies so that when it comes time to actually applying for coverage, our clients will receive the added benefit of actually comparing dozens of different life insurance companies prior to deciding which company they should try first!
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!
Now as we stated before, here at TermLife2Go, we work with dozens of the “best” life insurance companies in the nation, so if you like to see how these companies compare to one another, simply visit our quoter: Best Term Life Insurance Quotes and then just give us a call when your ready to move forward.