Now saying that we love to get calls from people asking us if their Lescol XL or Fluvastatin prescription will have a negative effect on their life insurance application may be “overstating” things a bit, but not by much!.
You see, the “beauty” of having someone call us who is already using Lescol XL to treat their high cholesterol levels is that these folks have already been diagnosed with high cholesterol. Which means that there’s a really good chance that these folks have also:
- Seen their primary care physician relatively recently.
- Have gotten their cholesterol levels under control.
- And presumably have had a physical relatively recently so that we should be able to “rule” out any other pre-existing medical conditions that may be a concern for a life insurance company.
The alternative is…
Getting that call from a client who it convinced that even though they haven’t actually had a physical in nearly 10 years, they’re certainly their completely health!
Flash forward 2 weeks after their life insurance medical exam and now all of a sudden we’re having a conversation about how they have:
We’d much rather speak with the folks who have already been diagnosed with high cholesterol and are well on their way to controlling it. In fact, not only do we prefer this type of client, so does the insurance industry as well!
Insurance companies also “love” clients who are taking an active role in maintaining their health, and when it comes to taking prescription cholesterol medications, because they are so effective in reducing one’s “Bad” cholesterol, what you’re going to find is that,
provided you know where to look,
insurance companies will often times still allow client to qualify for either a preferred or preferred plus rate despite having been diagnosed with high cholesterol in the past!
So while we’re at it…
We might as well look at some other factors that may come into play during your life insurance application. Common life insurance application questions will include:
- Height and weight?
- In the past 12 months have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- Do you have any other pre-existing medical conditions other than high cholesterol?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, a stroke or diabetes?
- Has any of your immediate family members (mother, father, brother, or sister) ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, a stroke or diabetes?
- Are you taking any additional prescription medications other than Lescol XL?
- Do you have any issues with your driver’s license such as a suspended license, multiple moving violations or DUI?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?
- Do you participate in any dangerous activities such as hang gliding, sky diving or rock climbing?
- In the next 2 years do you have any plans to travel outside of the United States?
As you can see, there’s quite a range of questions that most life insurance companies will ask so that they can determine what type of “risk” you will pose to them as a potential future client.
The “trick” in finding the best life insurance rate is…
Knowing which life insurance companies own “internal underwriting guidelines” are going to be the most favorable to you! And this is exactly what we do here at TermLife2Go.
Here at TermLife2Go, we have chosen to remain an independent life insurance brokerage that is capable of working with dozens of highly rated life insurance companies so that when you decide that you want to apply for life insurance, we can simultaneously “shop” dozens of companies for you so that hopefully, in the end, you’ll have multiple options to choose from.
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!
One last thing before for you go! We know that some of you may not be all that thrilled about speaking with a life insurance agent before you have a “general” idea about how much your life insurance is going to cost. So, for folks like these, we’ve created a Term Life Insurance Quotes page when you have a chance since it will provide you with dozens of quotes instantly without having to speak to an agent first!