You’re generally going to find that insurance companies aren’t going to be all that interested in whether or not your taking a prescription birth control like Kariva. In fact, even when we ask a client:
“Are you currently taking any prescription medications?”
We’d probably have to assume that 9 times out of 10, people simply fail to mention that they may be taking some type of prescription birth control.
Now will this cause a problem later on?
Not at all, prescription medications like Kariva simply aren’t going to factor into the life insurance underwriting process.
About Kariva and why it won’t play a role in your life insurance application:
Kariva (ethinyl estradiol and desogestrel) is a prescription medication that contains female hormones that prevent ovulation by causing changes to the cervical mucus and uterine lining, thus making it harder for sperm to reach the uterus and for a fertilized egg to attach to the uterus.
Now since Kariva doesn’t have any secondary uses and is generally considered a safe form of birth control, you’re going to find that insurance underwriters will most likely not even “notice” that you’re using it.
So, if my Kariva isn’t going to play a role in my life insurance application, what will?
Insurance companies like to ask a wide variety of questions that will focus on health and life style issues. This combined mix will help they not only determine whether or not you would make a good risk for life insurance, but also help them determine what “rate” you may qualify for.
Common questions found on most fully underwritten term or whole life insurance applications:
- Height and weight?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with any pre-existing medical conditions?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Has any of your immediate family members, mother, father, brother or sister, ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Are you currently taking any prescription medications other than Kariva?
- In the past 12 months have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- In the past 12 months have you been hospitalized overnight for any reasons?
- In the past 12 months have you used any type of marijuana products?
- Do you have any issues with your driver’s license? Such as suspended license, multiple moving violations, or DIU’s?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?
- Do you have any plans to travel outside of the United States in the next 2 years?
- In the past 2 years have you filed or declared bankruptcy?
- Do you actively participate in any dangerous hobbies or activities such as sky diving, hang gliding or rock climbing?
Now it’s probably a good idea for us to point out that its completely OK to say “Yes” to one or several of these questions, in fact most people do!
Which is why…
We here at TermLife2Go like to work with so many different life insurance companies so that should you be one of those who do find themselves saying “Yes” to one or more of these questions, we should be able to “sort” through the different underwriting guidelines of the various life insurance companies that we work with so that even those who have a passion for sky diving and can’t seem to balance a check book will still have an opportunity to get a great life insurance policy!
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!
Now for those who are ready….
To look at some actual numbers, we would recommend that you take a look at our Compare Life Insurance Quotes Instantly page which will give you access to term and whole life insurance quotes from dozens of different life insurance companies. It will also allow you to only look at those companies that won’t require you to take a medical exam to qualify!