The fact that someone has been prescribe Guaifenex PSE, is not something that’s generally going to come up during a typical life insurance application. Now it should since in nearly every traditional life insurance application there will be a question that asks:
“Are you currently taking any prescription medications?”
But since Guaifenex PSE and Pseudovent 400 is simply used to simply reduce allergy symptoms, most people will either choose to not mention it because it’s not a “big” deal or, they simply forget to mention it because it’s not something that they really think about.
And in fact…
It’s also something that the insurance companies aren’t really going to thing about either!
About Guaifenex PSE and Pseudovent 400:
Guaifenex PSE and Pseudovent 400is an expectorant used to treat stuffy nose and sinus congestion, and to reduce chest congestion caused by the common cold or flu. Guaifenex PSE and Pseudovent 400 works by shrinking blood vessels in the nasal passages which helps to loosen congestion in the chest and throat, making it easier to cough out through the mouth.
So if Guaifenex isn’t typically discussed during an application process and insurance companies don’t really care about it, why write an article about it?
We’ve chosen to write an article about Guaifenex PSE and Pseudovent 400 simply because, when a client does being talking about it, it’s usually because the client is pretty nervous about the whole process of applying for life insurance which is why we felt it might be a good idea to write an article to help alleviate some of that stress.
If insurance companies aren’t concerned about a prescription for Guaifenex PSE and Pseudovent 400, what do they care about?
A good way to determine what exactly an insurance company is going to be interested in is by looking at what exactly most insurance companies ask about.
Common life insurance applications:
- Height and weight?
- Do you have any pre-existing medical conditions?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Has any of your immediate family members (mother, father, brother, or sister) been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Are you taking any additional prescription medications other that Guaifenex PSE and Pseudovent 400?
- In the past 12 months have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
- Do you participate in any dangerous activities such as sky diving, hang gliding or rock climbing?
- Do you have any issues with your driver’s license, such as a suspended license, multiple moving violations, or DUI?
- Do you plan on traveling outside of the United States in the next 2 years?
- In the past 2 years have you declared or filed for bankruptcy? This is a weird one, but some insurance companies simply won’t insure someone with a bankruptcy on their record for the past 2 years.
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?
Now it’s important to note that….
Even if you’ve said “yes” to one or many of these questions, it does not mean that you won’t qualify for life insurance, instead, it will in most cases simply “help” us determine which life insurance company is going to be best for you.
Additionally, depending on how you answer these questions, it can potentially lead us into looking at some of the new “no medical exam” term and whole life insurance options. So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!
One last thing that we would like to suggest to anyone who is serious considering applying for a life insurance policy soon, and that is… visit our Life Insurance Policy Quotes page where you’ll be able to instantly compare life insurance quotes from companies. On this page, you’ll find that we’ve separated the quote engines so that you can compare rates from policies that will require a medical exam and those that won’t!