You’re going to find that now a day’s medications are often used to treat a variety of conditions which in many cases are totally unrelated. This is particularly true for Gabapentin, which is why, you really can’t determine what effect Gabapentin will have on your life insurance application until you know exactly why it is being prescribed.
Gabapentin is an anti-epileptic medication also called an anticonvulsant, that is used to treat:
So whatcha got?
If you simply using Gabapentin to treat nerve pain that is associated with shingles, you’re really not going to have an issue provided that your shingles outbreak is not related to some other type of disorder that may be compromising your immune system.
Now if your Gabapentin is being used to treat either seizures or restless leg syndrome, insurance companies are going to want to learn more about your condition prior to making any type of determination about coverage.
Questions you’ll likely encounter will include:
- At what age where you diagnosed with your condition?
- How long have you been treating your condition?
- Is Gabapentin the only prescription medication that you are taking?
- How has your treatment improved your condition?
- In the past 12 months have you suffered from a seizure?
- Have you ever been hospitalized for your condition?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
These questions will be in addition to the normal life insurance application questions which would include questions such as:
- How old are you?
- What is your current height and weight?
- Do you have any serious pre-existing medical conditions such as cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Has any of your immediate family member such as mother, father, brother or sister ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Are you currently taking any other prescription medications other than Gabapentin?
- In the past 12 months have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- Do you have an issues with your driving record, such as a suspended license, multiple moving violations, or DUI’s?
- In the next 2 years do you have any set plans to travel outside of the United States?
- In the past 2 years have you, or do you anticipate, participating in any dangerous hobbies or activities such as hang gliding, sky diving, rock climbing or bungee jumping?
From there the insurance companies as well as us here at TermLife2Go will generally get a pretty good idea of what type of life insurance you’ll be able to qualify for and at what rate. From there, we’ll actually being looking at which insurance company we feel would offer you the best price!
Here at TermLife2Go, we have chosen to remain an independent insurance brokerage that is able to work with dozens of highly rated life insurance companies in an effort to provide our clients with the best opportunity for success!
Which means that when you choose to apply for life insurance with us, you’ll not only be able to look at pricing from dozens of different insurance companies, you’ll also be given a better understanding about why one life insurance company- may be better for you than another.
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!
Still not ready to give us a call?
No problem, you don’t need to if all you want to do is “run” a generic quote. To do that, all you need to do is check our Compare Medical Exam Required and No Medical Exam Life Insurance Quotes page.
Now these are real quotes, we’re just not sure you’ll be able to qualify for the rate that you selected. To do that, we’ll need to speak with you first. Good luck!