You may also want to read our articles covering Who offers the best life insurance? and What companies offer no medical exam term life insurance?
When it comes to applying for life insurance, one thing that you don’t need to worry about is your Estrostep Fe prescription “messing” anything up. In fact, we would probably bet that 90% of the time even when we ask clients if their taking any prescription medications, the thought of actually mentioning a birth control prescription doesn’t even enter into their mind.
And who can blame them…
Prescription birth control simply isn’t something that an insurance company is going to care about.
So now we need to ask ourselves, why did you decide to ask this question?
It’s probably because for most, the whole process of buying life insurance, particularly if it’s your first time, can be a bit “nerve racking”. After all, there really aren’t all that many products out there that you have to “qualify” for to purchase, and there’s almost zero products out there that can “legally discriminate” against age and health, so it’s no wonder why people can bet a bit “freaked out” by the whole process.
So for this reason…
Let’s just take a look at what some of the most common life insurance questions are, so that you can get a pretty good idea about what makes a life insurance company nervous and why.
Common life insurance questions…
- Height and weight?
- Do you have any pre-existing medical conditions?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Has any of your immediate family member such as your mother, father, brother or sister ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Are you currently taking any prescription medication other that your Estrostep FE?
- In the past 12 months have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- In the past 12 months have you used marijuana?
- Do you have any issues with your driving record such as multiple moving violations in the past 3 years or a DUI?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?
- In the past 2 years have you applied for bankruptcy? Yes, we know this is a weird question, but one major insurance company simply doesn’t like to insure anyone who has declared bankruptcy within the past two years. This is why we ask.
- In the next two years do you have any plans to travel outside the United States? Insurance companies don’t necessarily want to insure someone who plans on vacationing in Afghanistan or some other potentially dangerous country.
- And in the past 2 years, have you or in the next 2 years do you anticipate participating in any dangerous activities or hobbies such as sky diving, hang gliding, bungee jumping or rock climbing?
Now as you can see…
Insurance companies are going to ask a lot of questions about your health and lifestyle so that they can get a pretty good idea about whether or not you’ll be eligible for coverage as well as what “price” you’ll qualify for, and so do we!
The only difference…
Between the insurance companies asking these questions and us here at TermLife2Go asking them is that, we ask them in addition to trying to determine what type of life insurance policy you’ll be able to qualify for, we’re also simultaneously “comparing” dozens of different life insurance companies for you as well.
Which hopefully means that…
When all is said and done, we should have multiple options for you to consider, and hopefully one of those options will be right for you!
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!
Since you’ve made it this far, we figured we’d direct you to our Free Online Life Insurance Quotes where you’ll be able to compare life insurance quotes from companies that will require you to first take a medical exam vs other companies that won’t require a medical exam at all!
So, give it a try, you could be surprised by what you learn!