Will having a prescription for Enablex affect your life insurance application?
Probably not, after all, it’s not like Enablex is used to treat some type of life threatening medical condition. Enablex is just used to help treat an overactive bladder!
Additionally, having an overactive bladder, isn’t a “warning sign” of some other potentially harmful medical condition which simply hasn’t been diagnosed yet, which is why, it’s rare that we’ll even find ourselves discussing Enablex during a life insurance application.
With that said…
Why don’t we just take a brief moment to review what are some of the most common life insurance application questions asked, so that you can get an idea about what may actually affect the outcome of your life insurance application.
Common life insurance applications:
- Height and weight.
- Have you ever been diagnosed with any serious medical conditions?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Has any of your immediate family members, ie: mother, father, brother, sister ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Are you currently taking any prescription medications other than Enablex?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months have you applied for or received any type of disability benefits?
- In the past 12 months have you used any type of tobacco or nicotine products?
- In the past 12 months have you used any type of marijuana products?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?
- Do you have any issues with your driving record such as multiple moving violations, a DUI or a suspended license?
- In the next 2 years do you anticipate traveling outside of the United States?
- Have you ever declared bankruptcy?
- Do you actively participate or do you anticipate participating in any dangerous activities such as sky diving, hang gliding, bungee jumping or rock climbing?
As you can see, insurance companies, really do try to think of everything when it comes time to determine if you’ll make a “good” candidate for life insurance.
But don’t fret…
Even if you find yourself answering “yes” to many of the aforementioned questions, it doesn’t mean that you’re not going to be able to qualify for life insurance. It may not even mean that you can’t qualify for the best possible rate, a “Preferred Plus”. It just means that you may need to be a bit more selective in who you choose to apply with.
Insurance companies are going to use questions like these to determine 2 things. First, can you qualify for insurance, and second, what “rate class” will you qualify for.
Your “rate class” will also be how the individual life insurance company will assign a “price tag” for your policy.
We here at TermLife2Go…
Will also ask similar questions in order to determine your eligibility and potential “rate class” while simultaneously comparing different life insurance companies as we go so that at the end of our “interview” we’ll not only have a pretty good idea what “type” of insurance you’ll be eligible for, we’ll also have a pretty good idea about the insurance carrier that is most likely going to be the best fit for you!
Here at TermLife2Go, we’ve chosen to remain and independent life insurance brokerage that is able to work with dozens of highly rated life insurance companies. Which means that when you chose to apply for life insurance with us, you’ll have access to dozens of different life insurance companies pricing and underwriting guidelines, ensuring you a much better opportunity to get the best possible coverage out there!
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!
Last thing before you go…
We know we’ve talked a lot about what rate you might be able to qualify for based on your pre-existing medical conditions but until now, we haven’t talked at all about price! So, let us know direct you to our Compare Life Insurance Quotes Instantly page when you have a chance since it will provide you with dozens of quotes instantly and see if we have a policy that might fit within your budget.