Will having a prescription for Elidel, affect your application?
Probably not, simply because Elidel, is just a topical immunosuppressant cream that is used to treat sever atopic dermatitis when other medications have not worked out well in the past.
Don’t worry about that, atopic dermatitis is just a fancy, scientific name for red and itchy skin. Atopic dermatitis may however be accompanied with asthma, so don’t be surprised if your life insurance agent asks you if you’ve ever been diagnosed with asthma before.
So, if taking Elidel isn’t going to play a role in the outcome of your life insurance application, what might play a role?
Common questions asked during an application:
- Height and Weight?
- Do you have any pre-existing medical conditions?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke, or diabetes?
- Has any of your immediate family members (mother, father, brother, sister) ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Have you been diagnosed with asthma?
- Are you taking any other prescription medications other than Elidel?
- In the past 12 months have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- Do you have any issues with your driving record such as multiple moving violations and/or DUI?
- In the past 12 months have you used any marijuana products?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?
- Have you applied for bankruptcy within the past 2 years?
- In the next 2 years do you have any set plans to travel outside of the United States?
- In the next 2 years do you anticipate participating in any dangerous activities such as sky diving, bungee jumping, or rock climbing?
As you can see…
On a typical life insurance policy, insurance companies are going to ask a lot of questions pertaining to both an applicant’s health and lifestyle. In addition, it’s quite likely that a medical exam will also be required prior to being approved for life insurance coverage.
But what if…
You could forgo taking a medical exam and simply answer a series of questions and move right on to the approval process.
The good news is…
That there is now a growing trend in the life insurance industry whereby healthy individuals are able to document their health by answering a series of medical questions and allowing an insurance company to review their:
- Prescription medication record.
- DMV driving records.
- And criminal background records electronically!
This “big data” approach to underwriting is in the process of revolutionizing the life insurance industry and has already helped turn a 2 to 4 week process into an almost affair!
Which means that, if…
You’re relatively heathy, and don’t have any “Non-medical” risk characteristics, there is a very good chance that you could apply for a “No Medical Exam” term or whole life insurance policy and get approved within less than a day!
“Big deal, I’m not worried about taking a medical exam!”
This is something that we hear all the time, but remember, once you decide to take a medical exam, you’re now potentially putting yourself at risk for being diagnosed with some very common conditions that could mess up your application. Conditions such as:
So what are you waiting for?
We here at TermLife2Go work as an independent life insurance brokerage that is able to work with dozens of different life insurance companies, which means that when you decide to apply for life insurance with us, you’ll simultaneously be comparing rates with dozens of companies.
So give us a call today and see what we can do for you!
One last thing before for you go! We know that some of you may not be all that thrilled about speaking with a life insurance agent before you have a “general” idea about how much your life insurance is going to cost. So, for folks like these, we’ve created a Term Life Insurance Quotes page when you have a chance since it will provide you with dozens of quotes instantly without having to speak to an agent first!