There’s probably nothing more annoying than asking a person a question and getting the response:
But that’s exactly how we have to answer when someone calls in and asks:
“Can I qualify for life insurance while taking Effexor?”
We don’t want to answer the question like this, we just sort of have too!
Let us explain…
About Effexor (venlafaxine).
Effexor (venlafaxine) is an antidepressant that is classified in a group of drugs called selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SSNRIs). Effexor works by affecting the chemicals in the brain that are believed to be unbalanced in people who are suffering from depression.
Effexor is typically used to treat:
Now as you can see…
Effexor is actually used to treat a wide variety of conditions, which is why, your life insurance application is going to “depend” on both why you’ve been prescribed Effexor as well as the severity of that condition.
Which is why…
Regardless of the actually condition being treated, the questions that you will encounter during your life insurance application regarding your Effexor use will all look pretty much the same.
Common questions used:
- Why have you been prescribed Effexor (pretty obvious starting point)?
- At what age were you first diagnosed?
- Who prescribed Effexor to you? Your primary care physician or a psychiatrist?
- In the past 12 months has there been any changes to your treatment?
- Are you taking any other additional medications?
- Have you been diagnosed with any other pre-existing conditions?
- How long have you been treating your condition?
- Have you ever been hospitalized regarding your condition?
- Have you ever attempted suicide or experienced any suicide ideation?
- Do you have an issues with your driving record such as multiple moving violations or DUI’s.
- In the past 12 months have you used any marijuana products?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits.
Now you may be saying to yourself:
“This is crazy, I’m just using my Effexor to settle my nerves!”
Which is great, but one thing that every “Effexor” applicant needs to understand is that Effexor is a powerful medication that is often used to help treat people who have been diagnosed with some serious medical conditions.
This is why insurance companies are going to ask so many questions and why they’re going to be using your answers to these questions to first determine if you can qualify for their insurance and second, what “rate class” you should receive.
Here at TermLife2Go…
Here at TermLife2Go we’re also going to ask similar questions just like the insurance companies will however, in addition to trying to determine what types of life insurance policies you may or may not be eligible for, we’re also simultaneously comparing different life insurance companies against one another so that when we’re done, we’ll also have a pretty good idea which insurance company is probably going to the best one for you!
Here at TermLife2Go, we’ve chosen to remain an independent life insurance brokerage that is able to work with dozens of different life insurance companies in an effort to give our clients the best chance at securing the quality life insurance coverage that they deserve.
So what are you waiting for, give us a call today and see what we can do for you!
One last thing that we would like to suggest to anyone who is serious considering applying for a life insurance policy soon, and that is… visit our Life Insurance Quotes page where you’ll be able to instantly compare life insurance quotes from companies. On this page, you’ll find that we’ve separated the quote engines so that you can compare rates from policies that will require a medical exam and those that won’t!