TermLife2Go’s reviews of the best term life insurance policies. Grab your favorite beverage and spend a few moments with us as we take you through our top ten list of the best term life insurance policies in the marketplace.
Comparison of the Top 10 Best Term Life Insurance Policies and Riders
In our article, Top Ten Best Life Insurance Companies in the United States, we ranked the selected companies based on each company’s niche in the marketplace. Likewise, our article Top Ten No Medical Exam Life Insurance Companies focused on the various niches each company filled. However, our criteria for ranking the Top Ten Best Term Life Insurance Policies came down to the following: (1) Lowest Price, (2) A.M. Best Rating, (3) Unique Features and (4) Available Riders.
In the following article we will compare the best term life insurance companies and the best term life insurance plans side by side so you can review who currently has the most competitive prices, best riders, unique features and top A.M. Best rating available. However, it is important to note that just because one company offers the lowest quote on life insurance, there are many factors that go into actually getting the best term life insurance quotes—the most important factor being your health and lifestyle.
One last important note: in choosing our top ten best term life insurance policies we focused on a younger demographic (35 year old male). In all fairness, if we changed the age of the insured or the health class we would probably come up with a list that looks a bit different because each life insurance company listed below focuses on a certain age group niche and health classification niche.
The good news is we work with dozens of top rated life insurance carriers so if you are older or younger we will align you with the best term life insurance company at the best price—for you, based on your specific health and lifestyle.
Now, without further adieu…
- American General (AIG)
- American National Insurance Company (ANICO)
- Banner Life
- North American Company
- Protective Life Insurance Company
- United of Omaha
American General’s A.M. Best Rating: A (as of February 27, 2015)
American General is in the upper echelon when it comes to rating the best term life insurance policies. The Company’s awesome pricing and superb high risk underwriting sets AG apart.
AG Select-A-Term available riders:
- Conversion option to age 70 or end of term period.
- Terminal illness that pays 50% or up to $250,000 of the death benefit if diagnosed terminally ill.
- Return of premium for all premium paid throughout the life of the policy.
- Disability income rider if unable to work due to a cover injury or illness.
- Accidental Death benefit that pays additional income if the insured suffers an accidental death.
- Child rider paying a death benefit in the event a child sadly predeceases the insured.
- Waiver of premium rider waiving all premium payments upon total disability.
Sample American General Term Life Insurance Quotes
Please enter your info into our quote form for free AIG term life insurance quotes.
Click here for more American General Life Insurance Reviews.
American National’s (ANICO) A.M. Best Rating: A (as of September 2015)
American National has one of the best no medical exam term life insurance policies. The Company’s exam policy is competitively priced and may even be the lowest priced option for certain age classes and term length.
ANICO Signature Term available riders:
- Accelerated Benefit Rider for Terminal Illness,Chronic Illness, and Critical Illness.
- Disability Waiver of Minimum Premium rider waiving all premium payments upon total disability.
- Conversion option to age 65 or end of term period.
- Children’s Term Rider paying a death benefit in the event a child sadly predeceases the insured.
Sample American National Term Life Insurance Quotes
Please enter your info into our quote form for free American National term life insurance quotes.
Click here for more American National Life Insurance Reviews.
Banner/William Penn’s A.M. Best Rating: A+ (affirmed as of July 02, 2015)
When comparing the best term life insurance plans, Banner Life should always be in the mix. Banner Life is excellent when it comes to underwriting high risk life insurance, such as those seeking life insurance with type 2 diabetes. However, one area that detracts from the Company being considered among the very best term life insurance policies is that the term insurance offered comes with very few riders. However, Banner makes up with limited term riders with some of the best pricing in the industry, especially for clients who are table rated (substandard) risks.
OPTerm available riders:
- Conversion option to end of term period.
- Accelerated Death Benefit Waiver of premium rider waiving all premium payments upon total disability.
Sample Banner Life Term Life Insurance Quotes
Please enter your info into our quote form for free Banner Life term life insurance quotes.
Click here for more Banner Life Insurance Reviews
Genworth’s A.M. Best rating: A-
As of February 2016, Genworth has ceased offering individual life insurance plans. There is no word from the company on when it plans to open this segment of its business back up.
Genworth is definitely one of the best life insurance policies for those who are overweight. Genworth also has a great policy for those seeking term life with face amounts under $100,000.
Colony Term available riders:
- Waiver of Premium.
- Children’s Level Term Insurance Rider.
- Accelerated Death Benefit Rider.
Sample Genworth Term Life Insurance Quotes
Genworth has ceased offering individual life insurance plans for the time being.
Click here for more Genworth Life Insurance Reviews
MetLife’s A.M. Best rating: A+ (as of January 14, 2016)
MetLife has excellent underwriting when it comes to those applying for life insurance with type 1 diabetes.
Guaranteed Level Term available riders:
- Acceleration of Death Benefit Rider.
- Disability Waiver of Premium.
Sample MetLife Term Life Insurance Quotes
Please enter your info into our quote form for free MetLife term life insurance quotes.
Click here for more MetLife Life Insurance Reviews
North American Company’s A.M. Best rating: A+ (as of June 3, 2015)
If you compare term life insurance, one company that is relatively new to the scene is North American. The company has recently become a bigger player since it has revamped its pricing on term life insurance. Another benefit is that North American Company has one of the top term life insurance policies for those seeking protection from a terminal illness.
ADDvantage available riders:
- Conversion option to lesser of end of term or age 69.
- Accelerated Death Benefit for terminally ill 24 months in advance 75% or up to $750,000.
- Waiver of premium for disability rider.
- Children’s term insurance rider.
Sample North American Company Term Life Insurance Quotes
Please enter your info into our quote form to compare North American Company term life insurance quotes.
Click here for more North American Company for Life and Health Insurance Reviews
Principal National’s A.M. Best rating: A+ (as of March 2015)
The Principal National Life Insurance Company has the best no medical exam term life insurance for clients looking for a million dollar life insurance policy.
Term Insurance available riders:
- Children Term Insurance rider allows eligible children to be added to a policy at issue with coverage available between $5,000 and $25,000.
- Waiver of Premium rider waives the premium as long as the insured is totally disabled, subject to rider limitations.
- Accelerated Benefits rider allows insureds to obtain up to 75% of their death benefit (up to $1,000,000) prior to death when diagnosed with a terminal illness.
Sample Principle National Term Life Insurance Quotes
Please enter your info into our quote form for free Principal term life insurance quotes.
Click here for more Principal National Life Insurance Reviews
Protective Life’s A.M. Best rating: A+ (as of April 28, 2015)
When comparing life insurance, whether it be term or universal life, this company has to be considered. Protective Life has one of the best term life insurance policies available. The Company has many advantages including riders covering terminal illness and chronic illness. Another advantage of Protective is the companies term life policy continues upon the end of the term. Instead of coming to an end, the premium remains the same and the face amount decreases.
Protective Custom Choice UL available riders:
- Terminal Illness/Accelerated Death Benefit.
- Accidental Death Benefit.
- Children’s Term Rider.
- Disability Benefit Rider.
- ExtendCare Rider covering chronic illness.
- Income Provider Option guaranteeing an income stream to your beneficiary for up to 30 years, further decreasing the overall premium of the policy***
Sample Protective Term Life Insurance Quotes
Please enter your info into our quote form for free Protective Life custom UL life insurance quotes.
Click here for more Protective Life Insurance Reviews
Symetra’s A.M. Best rating: A (as of November 19, 2015)
Symetra Term Life available riders:
- Insured Children’s Benefit.
- Additional Term Rider.
- Waiver of Premium Benefit for Total Disability.
- Accidental Death Benefit.
- Guaranteed Insurability Option.
Sample Symetra Term Life Insurance Quotes
Please enter your info into our quote form for free Symetra term life insurance quotes.
Click here for more Symetra Life Insurance Reviews.
United of Omaha’s A.M. Best rating: A+ (as of March 2015)
United of Omaha sells term life insurance under its Mutual of Omaha banner. Depending on what day your birthday falls on when you are applying for life insurance, Mutual of Omaha might offer the best term life insurance policy simply because the company offers rates based on your actual age rather than your life insurance age. The company offers many riders and is very competitive in term of price for life insurance for seniors.
Term Life Answers available riders:
- Accelerated death benefit for terminal illness rider providing accelerated death benefit if the insured provides evidence that their life expectancy is 12 months or less. The requested benefit amount may not exceed the lesser of $1,000,000 or 80 percent of the current death benefit.
- Waiver of Premium for Unemployment rider which waives premiums for the base plan and all riders if the insured becomes unemployed.
- Accidental death benefit rider.
- Dependent children’s rider available to be converted later on.
- Other insured rider (requires full underwriting).
- Disability Waiver of premium rider if you become disabled for six months or more.
Sample United of Omaha Term Life Insurance Quotes
Please enter your info into our quote form to compare United of Omaha term life insurance quotes.
Click here for more United of Omaha Life Insurance Reviews.
Honorable Mentions that did not quite make the best term life insurance policies list
Although we have done our best to be thorough in creating our best term life insurance policies list, it is not easy to compare life insurance without actually speaking to the individual looking to get insured. That is why you should not be surprised if we recommend one of the following life insurance companies based on your specific health or lifestyle.
- SBLI Life Insurance Company
- Transamerica Life Insurance Company offering Chronic Illness Riders
- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company
- VOYA Life Insurance Company (Offers an excellent Indexed Universal Life policy)
- Prudential Life Insurance Company
- Minnesota Life Insurance Company
- Lincoln National Life Insurance Company
- John Hancock Insurance
- Assurity Life Insurance Company
- Sagicor Life Insurance Company (excellent no medical exam policies and no medical exam term life insurance for diabetics)
How we use our top term life insurance policies list to align you with the best company
We are constantly reading up on the various top life insurance carriers in the United States. As a result, we are able to better understand the products available and the benefits of each specific carrier. It is by aligning a specific company with the right client that true savings are created. And this is what differentiates us.
We strive to keep abreast of the latest in the term and guaranteed universal life insurance marketplace. We focus our attention on the various companies’ niches so that we can offer our expertise and knowledge to our clients, aligning our clients with the best company based on each client’s unique need, health and lifestyle.
TermLife2go is an agency that works with dozens of top rated life insurance companies. Our #1 priority is to find you the best company at the best price…for you! That means we tailor a policy specifically to you because no two clients are alike. Let us leverage our expertise for you and see if we can’t save you thousands of dollars on life insurance.
We do not favor one life insurance company over another. Instead, we find out what you need and then we recommend the lowest priced, best term life insurance policy to meet your specific need. Therefore, if price matters to you, give us a chance to earn your business. We are here to serve you! Call today.
Thank you for reading our article, Compare the Best Term Life Insurance Policies. Please leave any questions or comments below.
Leave a Comment