While we hate to use words like always, never, certainly or definitely, it’s pretty safe to say that if you’re using Clarinex to reduce the symptoms associated with allergy caused sneezing, itching, watery eyes and runny nose, it’s use isn’t going to be an issue at all.
Usually the only reason why we find ourselves even talking about Clarinex during a life insurance application is when we ask:
“Are you currently taking any prescription medications?”
Client can sometimes get nervous because their afraid even the tiniest little thing could prevent them from getting the best possible life insurance rate out there.
So, with that said…
Since Clarinex alone isn’t going to be a cause for concern, let’s take a look at some other questions that will likely pop up during a life insurance application that could “potentially” affect whether or not you’ll be eligible for life insurance.
Likely insurance questions:
- Your age?
- Your current height and weight ratio?
- In the past 12 months have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- In the past 12 months have you required an overnight hospitalization stay?
- Do you have any pre-existing medical conditions?
- Have you ever suffered from a heart attack, stroke, cancer or diabetes?
- Are you currently taking any prescription medications other than Clarinex?
- Has any of your immediate family members (mother, father, brother, or sister) been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with a drug or alcohol problem?
- In the past 12 months have you used any marijuana?
- Do you have an issue with your driving record, such as, multiple moving violations or a DUI within the past 3 years?
- Have you ever declared bankruptcy?
- Do you have any set plans to travel outside the United States in the next 2 years?
- Do you have any set plans to participate in any dangerous activities or hobbies such as sky diving, parachuting or bungie jumping within the next 2 years?
- Are you currently working?
- In the past 12 months have you received or applied for any disability benefits?
- Etc, etc..
As you can see, the list of topics a typical life insurance application will hit on is quite broad. This is so that the insurance company can apply “big data” to your answers and try to determine the type of “risk” you’ll “pose” to the insurance company.
Additionally, since you’re currently using Clarinex, don’t be surprised if the insurance company may ask a few additional questions such as:
- Have you ever had to go to the emergency room as a result of an allergy attack?
- Do you experience seasonal changes as a result of your allergies?
- And have you ever had to miss work as a result of your allergies?
Basically these questions are designed to simply get a better idea of the severity of your condition and see it addition underwriting may be warranted (ordering medical records).
What we do here at TermLife2Go…
Here at TermLife2Go, you’re going to find that we’re going to ask basically the same questions that an insurance underwriter is going to ask, however, we ask these questions for a different purpose.
For us, these questions aren’t designed to disqualify you, rather, they are designed to determine which life insurance company is going to be the best fit for you!
We here at TermLife2Go work as an independent insurance brokerage able to work with dozens of highly rated life insurance companies so that when it comes time to finding you a great life insurance policy, well, we’ll have dozens to choose from!
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!
Lastly, because you may be eligible for a life insurance policy that will not require you to take a medical exam, we would encourage you to take a look at our Compare Medical Exam Required and No Medical Exam Life Insurance Quotes page before you give us a call. This way you can get a general idea about what your insurance may cost before speaking with an agent.