While we hate to use words like always, never, certainly or definitely, it’s pretty safe to say that if you’re using Ciprodex Otic to treat an ear infection, chances are you’re not going to have an issue with its use during your life insurance application.
This is because, Ciprodex Otic (ciprofloxacin and dexamethasone) is a pretty common anti-biotic used to treat mild infections. Ciprodex Otic works by preventing the production of essential proteins needed for the bacterial infection to survive and is a very safe and effective drug to use.
If your ear infection is the result of some other “root” cause such as a compromised immune system or some other serous pre-existing condition, well… all bets are off.
Since Ciprodex alone isn’t going to be a cause for concern, let’s take a look at some other questions that will likely pop up during a life insurance application that could “potentially” affect whether or not you’ll be eligible for life insurance.
Likely insurance questions:
- Height and weight?
- In the past 12 months have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- In the past 12 months have you required an overnight hospitalization stay?
- Do you have any pre-existing medical conditions?
- Have you ever suffered from a heart attack, stroke, cancer or diabetes?
- Are you currently taking any prescription medications?
- Has any of your immediate family members (mother, father, brother, or sister) been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with a drug or alcohol problem?
- In the past 12 months have you used any marijuana?
- Do you have an issue with your driving record, such as, multiple moving violations or a DUI within the past 3 years?
- Have you ever declared bankruptcy?
- Do you have any set plans to travel outside the United States in the next 2 years?
- Do you have any set plans to participate in any dangerous activities or hobbies such as sky diving, parachuting or bungie jumping within the next 2 years?
- Are you currently working?
- In the past 12 months have you received or applied for any disability benefits?
- Etc, etc..
As you can see, the list of topics a typical life insurance application will hit on is quite broad. This is so that the insurance company can apply “big data” to your answers and try to determine the type of “risk” you’ll “pose” to the insurance company.
If your young and healthy, don’t like to travel to any dangerous locations and don’t see yourself jumping out of any air planes any time soon, you’re likely to have quite a few options to choose from when deciding which insurance company is best for you.
But let’s say…
Your young and healthy but declared bankruptcy 16 months ago.
Your young and healthy, but you like to use marijuana.
Maybe you’re not so young and you’re not so healthy, what then?
What we do here at TermLife2Go…
What we do here at TermLife2Go is use many of the same questions that an insurance underwriter uses but instead of using these questions to determine what you’ll pay for your insurance, we use them to determine which life insurance company is going to be right for you.
We here at TermLife2Go work as an independent insurance brokerage able to work with dozens of highly rated life insurance companies so that when it comes time to finding you a great life insurance policy, well, we’ll have dozens to choose from!
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!
Lastly, for those who don’t really want to speak with an agent before they have a chance to look at a few quotes, we would encourage you to check out our Compare Life Insurance Quotes Instantly page when you have a chance since it will provide you with dozens of quotes instantly!