Qualifying for Life Insurance While Taking Catapres-TTS.
Honestly, when it comes to helping someone find a life insurance policy, a lot of times it’s easier to find coverage for someone who has already been diagnosed with hypertension (high blood pressure) than it is for someone who says: “they’re super healthy”.
This is because…
The client that’s already been prescribed a medication such as Catapres-TTS to treat their hypertension, has already gone through the process of learning they have high blood pressure, and are now doing something about it!
The client that calls in saying they are in prefect health, may not have actually had a physical in 20 years and could be a walking time bomb with conditions such as uncontrolled:
Which is why…
We’ll “lovingly embrace” our clients who are currently treating their hypertension with medications because, they’ve already done the “heavy lifting’ when it comes time to get insured. Now all we need to do is point them in the right direction!
We here at TermLife2Go work as an independent life insurance brokerage that is able to work with dozens of highly rated life insurance companies.
Which means that once we have a client that is currently taking medications to treat their high blood pressure, we know immediately that we should eliminate 4 or 5 different insurance companies from our search simply because they CAN’T COMPETE DUE TO THEIR OWN INTERNAL UNDERWRITING GUIDELINES.
How do we continue to narrow down our search for which life insurance company will be best for you?
We’re able to further narrow down our search by asking a series of questions which will help us slowly “weed out” certain carries from the rest so that eventually, one or two different life insurance carriers will “rise to the top”!
Questions that we’ll use:
- Height and Weight?
- Aside from high blood pressure, do you have any other pre-existing conditions?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Has anyone in your immediate family (mother, father, brother, sister) ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Aside from your Catapres-TTS are you taking any other prescription medications?
- In the past 12 months have you used any tobacco or nicotine products? If yes, what type:
- In the past 12 months have you used marijuana?
- Do you have any issues with your driving record? Any DUI’s or multiple speeding tickets and/or accidents?
- Do you have a bankruptcy on your record?
- Do you plan on traveling outside of the United States in the next 2 years?
- Do you plan on participating in any dangerous hobbies in the next 2 years such as: rock climbing, sky diving or bungie jumping?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or multiple misdemeanors?
We use these questions as a way to narrow down which life insurance companies are going to be the best option for you.
For example, if you consider yourself a:
- Sky diving,
- Cigar smokin’
- Race car driving enthusiast,
- with poor money management skills.
Believe or not, there is an insurance company for you!
You just need to know where to look, which is exactly why you’ll want to give us a call!
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!
Lastly, for those who would like to check out a few quotes before actually speaking with an insurance agent, we would recommend that they check out our Free Online Life Insurance Quotes page when you have a few moments to spare.