Call Today! 888-234-8376
Life Insurance Tips for Xanax (alprazolam) Users
There are certain medications that can effect your life insurance policy. Is Xanax (alphrazolam) one? Read on.
Why do life insurance companies care if I am currently taking Xanax?
What concerns life insurance companies the most about your Xanax prescription is that Xanax belongs to a group of drugs called benzodiazepines which are used to treat:
Or in other words, Xanax treats a wide range of medical conditions.
Questions insurance companies will ask about your Xanax prescription
Insurance companies are going to want to know why you were prescribed Xanax before they’ll be willing to make any decisions regarding your life insurance application.
They may ask questions like:
- Why have you been prescribed Xanax?
- At what age were you originally diagnosed?
- Who prescribed your Xanax, your primary care physician or a psychiatrist?
- Has your prescription changed over time?
- How successful has your treatment been?
- Do you anticipate taking Xanax indefinitely?
- Have you ever been hospitalized for your condition?
- Are you currently working?
- Are you currently or have you in the past 12 months received any type of disability benefits?
- Have you ever considered or attempted suicide?
How you answer these types of questions will go a long way in helping to determine:
- Which types of life insurance policies you’ll most likely be able to qualify for.
- The rate class you’ll qualify for.
- And which insurance company is most likely to approve your application.
What are your life insurance goals?
After we have a pretty good idea on what you’ll be able to qualify for, it’s always important to factor in what your life insurance goals are.
Are you buying your life insurance to:
- Protect a spouse and family?
- Cover the cost of a mortgage?
- Finance a business?
- Protect an estate from taxes?
- Or maybe just cover the cost of a burial?
Knowing why you’re buying your life insurance coupled with what type you can qualify for will go a long way in helping an agent narrow down your life insurance options.
We work with dozens of highly rated life insurance companies, so you can pick and choose from a variety of different life insurance policies and companies ranging from fully underwritten term and whole life insurance policies (life insurance policies that will require a medical exam) to simplified and guaranteed issue life insurance policies that may not require a medical exam or even ask any health related questions.
Who are now saying to themselves:
Thanks for the information, but you still haven’t told me how much this is going to cost.
All you need to do now is visit our Life Insurance Quotes page where you can shop dozens of different life insurance companies and get an instant quote.
And since we still have your attention...
It’s fair to say that most people who decide to purchase a life insurance policy do so that they can protect their loved one’s financial future in the event of their death.
But what happens if you get sick but don’t die?
Is your family’s financial future still protected? Probably not. Which is why we would encourage you to also take a look at the following articles which will discuss some other “types” of life insurance policies that can not only protect your family’s financial future, they could also significantly help our your own as well.
Call Today 888-234-8376