For those who are currently having a difficult time getting approved for life insurance, you may want to read the following articles which focus on difficult to place insurance policies: Best Final Expense Burial Insurance and Top 10 Best No Medical Exam Companies
Chances are if you’ve suddenly become really interested in how Xanax (alprazolam) can affect a life insurance application, it’s generally because you’ve just recently applied for life insurance and was surprised about how many questions your life insurance agent asked you about your Xanax prescription.
Or maybe it’s because you just got your life insurance application results back and you’re not too thrilled about the results!
In either case, the good news is that you’ve found us here at TermLife2Go and we’re going to do our best to help you figure out what’s the best course of action when it comes to applying for life insurance while taking Xanax.
Why do life insurance companies care if I am currently taking Xanax?
What concerns life insurance companies the most about your Xanax prescription is that Xanax belongs to a group of drugs called benzodiazepines which are used to treat:
Or in other words, Xanax treats a wide range of medical conditions which can range from mild anxiety all the way to suicidal ideation!
So guess what?
Insurance companies are going to want to know a lot about why you were/are prescribed Xanax before they’ll be willing to make any decisions regarding your life insurance application. Questions like:
- Why have you been prescribed Xanax?
- At what age were you originally diagnosed?
- Who prescribed your Xanax, your primary care physician or a psychiatrist?
- Has your prescription changed over time?
- How successful has your treatment been?
- Do you anticipate taking Xanax indefinitely?
- Have you ever been hospitalized for your condition?
- Are you currently working now?
- Are you currently or have you in the past 12 months received any type of disability benefits?
- Have you ever considered or attempted suicide?
Now how you answer these types of questions will go a long way in helping us to determine:
- Which types of life insurance policies you’ll most likely be able to qualify for.
- The rate class that you’ll probably qualify for.
- And which insurance company will most likely give you the best opportunity for success.
Your Insurance Goals….
After we have a pretty good idea on what you’ll be able to qualify for, it’s always important to factor in what your life insurance goals are.
Are you buying your life insurance to:
- Protect a spouse and family?
- Cover the cost of a mortgage?
- Finance a business?
- Protect an estate from taxes?
- Or maybe just cover the cost of a burial?
Knowing why you’re buying your life insurance coupled with what type you can qualify for will go a long way in helping us here at TermLife2Go narrow down your life insurance options.
Here at TermLife2Go, because we’re an independent life insurance brokerage capable of working with dozens of highly rated life insurance companies, we’re able to pick and choose from a variety of different life insurance policies and companies ranging from fully underwritten term and whole life insurance polies (life insurance policies that will require a medical exam) to simplified and guaranteed issue life insurance policies that may not require a medical exam or even ask any health related questions.
And that’s the beauty of working with a TermLife2Go agent. Your agent will make it their number one goal to first understand your needs and current health status so that he or she can then best explain all of your options with you and assist you in finding the best possible option out there!
So… now for all those folks…
Who are now saying to themselves:
“Thanks for the information, but you still haven’t told me how much this is going to cost!
And you’re right…
So, all you need to do now is visit our Term and Whole Life Insurance Quotes page when you can shop dozens of different life insurance companies and have their quotes “pop up” instantly on your screen!
So what are you waiting for? Just give us a call and see just what we can do for you!