You may also want to read our articles Outstanding Life Insurance Companies, Best Online Life Insurance No Medical Exam Companies
Typically, when we get a client asking us about whether or not their Bactroban prescription is going to affect their life insurance application, it’s usually because they’re just a little bit nervous about the whole process of applying for life insurance. and just want to make sure that they don’t do anything wrong!
So, if this sounds like yourself, don’t worry, you’re going to be fine and we promise, we’ll take it slow.
Bactroban is a topical mupirocin ointment that is used to treat certain skin infections such as impetigo. It works as a prescription antibiotic that prevents the growth and spread of certain bacteria. Bactroban can also be used to treat many superficial skin infections, folliculitis, infections found in hair roots as well as furunculosis or boils.
Now as you can see…
Bactroban doesn’t really treat any “life threatening” conditions that are going to be a factor when it comes to determining what the outcome of your life insurance application is going to be.
Which is why, when we have a client that is nervous about applying for life insurance, we’ll typically like to explain what the whole process of applying for life insurance will look like and make sure they understand everything before we actually even bring up the idea of applying for coverage.
Step 1 In Applying for Life Insurance.
For us here at TermLife2Go, the first step in applying for life insurance always centers around determining why the client is interested in getting life insurance in the first place. Are they looking to:
- Protect a spouse or child?
- Cover the cost of a mortgage?
- Protect lost wages?
- Insure a brother or sister?
- Qualify for a business loan?
- Satisfy a divorce decree?
- Or simply cover the cost of a burial?
Knowing first, why someone is looking for coverage will always play a major role in determining what type of life insurance policy will make the most sense. It will also help us begin to narrow down which life insurance company is going to be best for you.
Step 2 In Applying for Life Insurance.
Step 2 is all about determining what type of life insurance you can qualify for. Now since we have now have a pretty good idea on type of life insurance that you want, we may not need to ask a ton of questions.
However, for those who are looking for a fully underwritten term or whole life insurance policy which most folks equate with a “traditional” type of life insurance policy, insurance companies will generally require an applicant to answer a series of questions.
Questions such as:
- Height and weight?
- Do you have any pre-existing medical conditions?
- Are you taking any prescription medications?
- Do you use any tobacco or nicotine products?
- Do you use marijuana?
- Do you have any issues with your driving record?
- Are you currently working?
- Have you in the past 12 months applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
- In the next 2 years do you have any plans to travel outside of the United States? Insurance companies shy away from insuring people who are traveling to dangerous destinations such as Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, etc…
- In the next 2 years do you plan on participating in any dangerous hobbies? Such as rock climbing, sky diving or bungie jumping?
- Have you ever applied for bankruptcy?
- Do you have any felonies or misdemeanors?
- Etc, etc…
Step3 In Applying for Life Insurance.
Now in step 3, we combine you’re wishes with what you can qualify for and apply that to the dozens of different life insurance companies that we represent in an effort to come up with that “perfect” solution that you were hoping for.
During this process you’ll also become familiar with how everything works so that by the time you’re done speaking with us, you’ll know exactly what the differences are between the different types of life insurance policies and why certain policies are going to be a better fit for you.
If it looks like we have a good fit for you and you’re ready to apply, we will then walk you through the application process and get you all set up!
So what are you waiting for? Give us call today and see what we can do for you!
Lastly, because you may be eligible for a life insurance policy that will not require you to take a medical exam, we would encourage you to take a look at our Compare Medical Exam Required and No Medical Exam Life Insurance Quotes page.