For those who are currently having a difficult time getting approved for life insurance, you also may want to read the following articles which focus on difficult to place insurance policies: TermLife2Go’s Ultimate Life Insurance Companies, Avoid the Needle! Best No Medical Life Insurance Companies as well as our Just Enough Life Insurance to Bury Me Please!
Since Ativan is a prescription medication used to treat anxiety disorders, you’re always going to need to account for its usage during a life insurance application.
How does one “account for its usage”?
That’s easy, since Ativan is a part of a family of drugs called benzodiazepines used to treat anxiety disorders, providing a careful examination of an applicant’s health history will help the insurance underwriters be able to make an accurate decision on whether or not to provide coverage as well as determine what rate class on should qualify for.
How serious is your “anxiety disorder”? Are we talking about a mild case of anxiety like getting nervous when having to speak in public? Or have to be in large crowds?
Or are we talking about more serious condition such as post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)?
To try to answer this question, you’ll typically be asked questions such as:
- Have you been given an “official diagnosis” with regards to your “anxiety disorder”?
- Who originally prescribed the Ativan to you? Your primary care physician or a psychiatrist?
- At what age where you originally diagnosed?
- Was there an “event” that triggered your anxiety disorder?
- How long have you been treating your condition?
- Are you taking any other prescription medications to treat your anxiety disorder?
- Has the medication that your using to treat your anxiety disorder changed over the last 12 months?
- Have you ever been hospitalized for your condition?
- Have you ever suffered from suicidal ideation and/or attempted suicide?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months have received or applied for any form of SSI disability?
Now as you can see this is a pretty extensive list that can give an insurance underwriter a pretty good idea about the severity of the condition as well as a list of follow up questions to ask if they are not certain.
Additionally, if it looks like your anxiety disorder isn’t that serious, there really isn’t any particular reason why you should be eligible to qualify for a “Preferred” rate or better. It’s really all going to come down to how “Serious” you condition looks.
Types of Life Insurance:
Knowing what you can qualify really is only have the battle, because we’re also going to want to know:
“What you want to qualify for?”
Meaning, why have you decided to begin shopping for a life insurance policy? Are you looking to:
- Protect a spouse or child?
- Cover the cost of a mortgage?
- Protect wages that would be lost in the event of an early death?
- Protect a business in the form of a:
- Buy sell life insurance agreements,
- SBA loan life insurance,
- Key man life insurance policy,
- Prepare an estate planning policy,
- Or maybe just cover the cost of a burial.
Knowing what you can qualify for, and what you’re looking to achieve will help guide us here at TermLife2GO to sort through the dozens of different life insurance companies that we represent so that we can find a great life insurance policy for you.
TermLife2Go is an independent insurance brokerage that has partnered up with dozens of highly rated life insurance companies in an effort to be able to find all of our clients the best possible life insurance policy out there.
Our agents have both the experience and the expertise to help guide you throughout the entire application process and will be with you every step of the way to answer any questions that you may have.
So what are you waiting for? Just give us a call and see just what we can do for you!
Lastly, for those who would like to get an idea about how much their life insurance might cost before speaking with an agent, we would recommend that they check out our Term Life Insurance Quotes page when the have a few moments to spare.
And since we still have your attention…
It’s fair to say that most people who decide to purchase a life insurance policy do so that they can protect their loved one’s financial future in the event of their death.
But what happens if you get sick but don’t die?
Is your family’s financial future still protected? Probably not. Which is why we would encourage you to also take a look at the following articles which will discuss some other “types” of life insurance policies that can not only protect your family’s financial future, they could also significantly help our your own as well.