For those who are currently having a difficult time getting approved for life insurance, you also may want to read the following articles which focus on difficult to place insurance policies: TermLife2Go’s Premier Life Insurance Companies, Avoid the Needle! Foremost No Medical Life Insurance Companies as well as our Just Enough Life Insurance to Bury Me Please!
Buying life insurance will being prescribed Asmanex can sometime be a tricky proposition because Asmanex is used to treat asthma which is a condition that vary significantly from one patient to the next.
Asmanex is a corticosteroid medication that contains mometasone which is used to prevent the release of substances in the both that are known to cause inflammation. Asmanex is a preventative medication and is not used to treat active asthma attacks.
Asthma is usually defined as a disorder that causes the airways of the lungs to swell and narrow, thus constricting airflow. Typical symptoms include: shortness of breath, wheezing, chest tightness and coughing.
Now while many people who are not familiar with asthma may not be aware of how serious the condition can be, it should be pointed out that according to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, every day 44,000 people suffer from an asthma attack.
And every day, 1,200 people have to go to the hospital due to asthma and 9 people die from asthma.
This amounts to 3,300 deaths each year due to asthma with another 7,000 deaths that lists asthma as a contributing factor.
Which is why life insurance companies are going to want to know a lot about how serious your asthma is.
What Life Insurance Companies are Going to Ask You About Your Asthma:
- What age you were you originally diagnosed?
- How often do you experience attacks?
- When was your last attack?
- Are you attacks seasonally related? Or year round?
- What medications you take to treat your asthma?
- Do you take any steroids to treat your asthma?
- Have you been hospitalized for asthma?
- In the past 12 months have you used any type of nicotine or tobacco products?
- Are you currently working?
- In the past 12 months have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
Possible Underwriting Outcomes for Applicants with Asthma:
Depending on how one answers these types of questions, potential outcomes will likely include:
- Most well controlled clientswith seasonal asthma will qualify for a preferred or preferred plus rate class.
- If you have moderate asthmaand have occasional attacks you will probably receive a standard or standard plus rate class. You may take prednisone (oral steroid) occasionally and you may have been hospitalized in the past due to the asthma and still receive a standard rate class.
- For more serious cases of asthma, where there are frequent attacks and you take a steroid on a regular basis, a life insurance company may offer a table B to table D rate class.
- Finally, if you have severe asthma, frequent attacks and have recently been hospitalized, your best route would be to look into a guaranteed issue life insurance policy where there is no exam and no health questions.
Importance of Options:
As once can see, buying life insurance as an asthmatic can be complicated, and trying to made a firm determination on whether you’re a Mild, Moderate or Severe applicant is certainly going to have some “Gray” areas. Not only for us in trying to determine what rate you might qualify for, but also with the insurance company underwriters themselves.
This is why it’s so important to choose a company like TermLife2Go to work with because not only do we have the experience and expertise to know what questions to ask when it comes time to helping folks with asthma get life insurance, we also have dozens of life insurance companies to choose from when it comes time to apply.
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!
Lastly you may also be interested in taking a look at our Life Insurance Quotes page where you can compare life insurance quote from companies that will require a medical exam vs companies that won’t require a medical exam side by side!