When it comes time to finding life insurance coverage for someone that is currently taking AndroGel, a topical hormone gel used to treat conditions in men that result from a lack of natural testosterone, the basic rules are going to apply.
“As long as otherwise in good health, your AndroGel prescription shouldn’t play a role in determining your life insurance application outcome”.
In fact, we’ve found that in most “AndroGel” cases, these applicants will generally have a pretty good idea of what their overall health, which will often times make the life insurance application process much, much simpler regardless of whether you’re applying for a traditional term life insurance policy or a whole life insurance policy.
Because these folks will typically be applicants who see their primary doctor on a regular basis, they’ll generally be aware of what their:
- Blood pressure levels,
- Cholesterol levels,
- And blood sugar levels are.
And whether or not they may have any other medical conditions that could play a role in determining the outcome of their life insurance application.
Which means that we’re typically able to jump right into the main life insurance application questions which will play a significant role in what type of life insurance policy you’ll qualify for.
Typical life insurance questions found of most fully underwritten term or whole life insurance policy:
- Height and weight.
- Do you have any pre-existing medical questions?
- Do you or have you ever suffered from cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- What prescription medications are you using?
- Has any member of your immediate family (mother, father, brother, sister) ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Have you used any tobacco or nicotine products in the past 12 months?
- Do you have any issues with your driving record? Multiple speeding tickets, accidents or a DUI in the past 5 years?
- Do you have any set plans to travel outside the US in the next 2 years? Insurance companies are interested in future travel destinations to dangerous “hot spots”.
- Do you have a pilots licensed?
- In the past 12 months have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
- In the past 2 years have you been admitted to a hospital for any reasons?
- Do you have a dangerous occupation?
- Do you anticipate within the next two years to participate in any dangerous hobbies or activities such as mountain climbing, sky diving, bungie jumping, etc?
As you can see, life insurance companies will have quite a long laundry list of items that they will want to ask about prior to making a decision about who they’ll decide to offer life insurance coverage too.
Additional Questions that need to be answered.
Additional questions that will need to be answered prior to finding the best life insurance policy for you will be:
“What do you want your life insurance to do for you?”
Are you looking to:
- Protect a spouse and child?
- Cover the cost of a mortgage?
- Replace lost income that would lost in the event of your death?
- Maximize a retirement benefit?
- Insure a business
- Or just cover the cost of a burial.
Knowing what you hope to achieve by purchasing your life insurance policy will also be equally important in the decision process so that we can not only use your current health status to narrow down your options, but also look at what your goals are.
You see, here at TermLife2Go, we work with dozens of highly rated life insurance companies which means that we’ll able to pick and choose from dozens of different life insurance companies so that we can best match your needs with the carrier that is best suited for you.
So what are you waiting for? Just give us a call and see just what we can do for you!
Lastly, for those who would like to get an idea about how much their life insurance might cost before speaking with an agent, we would recommend that they check out our Compare Life Insurance Quotes Instantly page when you have a few moments to spare.