Our goal at TermLife2Go is to provide our clients with the right company tailored to each client’s unique need, health and lifestyle. In the following American Amicable review, we will offer some insight into the company’s no exam life insurance and help you determine if it is the right fit for your specific needs.
2017 Review of American Amicable
About American Amicable
In 2010, Industrial Alliance bought American Amicable Insurance Company of Texas for $145 million. However, American Amicable has a much longer history than that. The company was started in Texas back in 1910, and has been offering innovative life insurance policies ever since.
American Amicable A.M. Best Company Rating
A.M. Best Company is one of the most reputable third-party reporting and rating companies around. They have granted American-Amicable an “A” or “excellent” rating. A.M. Best has 15 rating categories, of which “A” is the third highest. This rating was granted in February 2015. When you learn the ratings of a life insurance company, it’s important to know when the rating was granted so you know how current it is.
American Amicable’s A.M. Best rating of A should reassure life insurance seekers like you. This says a lot about the quality of the company and their life insurance products. A.M. Best is basically saying that your investment should be safe with American-Amicable not only now but in years to come.
American Amicable No Medical Exam Life Insurance
American Amicable offers different types of life insurance policies. However, the product we will focus on in this American Amicable review is the company’s no medical exam life insurance: Term Made Simple.
Term Made Simple
Term Made Simple is simplified issue level term life insurance. Simplified issue means there is no life insurance physical exam or blood work required. Level premium means the rate will never change during the life of the policy.
Prospective clients will be asked a series of health questions. In addition, there will be a background check into prescription use, Motor Vehicle Report, and Medical Information Bureau. Some of the main features of the product are:
- Face amounts range from $50,000 to $400,000
- Term lengths include: 10, 15, 20 and 30 year level premium
- Renewable to age 95
- Health classes available: Preferred, Standard and Standard Tobacco
- Liberal build chart requirements
Term Made Simple also comes with a conversion option so you can convert all or a portion of the policy from term life to permanent life insurance with no evidence of insurability.
Term Made Simple also comes with many life insurance rider options including:
- Accelerated Benefit – if confined to a nursing home for a period of time you can recieve a monthly benefit of 2.5% of the face amount up to $5,000 per month.
- Waiver of Premium – company will waive premiums if your become totally and permanently disabled.
- Terminal Illness – you can receive up to 100% of the face amount if diagnosed terminally ill with 24 months left to live.
- Chronic Illness – you can receive a portion of the death benefit if you are unable to perform 2 of 6 activities of daily living.
- Total Disability Benefit – provides income protection during period of disability.
- Children Insurance – can be converted to up to 5 times original amount with no evidence of insurability.
Additional Life Insurance Policies offered by American Amicable
- Simplified Issue Ordinary Whole Life Insurance
- Terminal Illness and Confined Care accelerated benefits
- Cash value life insurance
Simplified Issue Term
- $25,000 to $250,000
- Return of premium life insurance option available
- Conversion option
Universal Life Insurance
- Fully underwritten and Simplified issue universal life insurance
- Cash value accumulation
- $25,000 to $250,000
- No-Lapse guarantee available
Modified Life Insurance
- Premiums to age 100
- Guaranteed cash value
- Guaranteed death benefit
- Terminal illness and accelerated benefits rider
- Policy loans available
- Additional riders available
Is American Amicable a good life insurance company?
Without a doubt, yes, American Amicable is a great life insurance company. They are reliable and have been in the business for a long time. They also have a vote of confidence from A.M. Best which is one of the best rating agencies in the country. It’s certain that American Amicable is a great life insurance company…but the real question is whether or not it is a great company for you.
The only way to know if a life insurance company is a great choice for you is to know what everyone else is offering. Otherwise, how will you know if what American Amicable offers is the best or not? The best life insurance company for your aunt, sister, or friend is not always going to be the best life insurance company for you. That’s why you need to turn to someone who will be able to offer you answers not only about American Amicable but about many other life insurance companies as well.
TermLife2Go is your go-to company. We help you learn about ALL your options. We assess your needs and personal situation and then figure out what dozens of the best life insurance companies in the United States will offer you. We then tell you which life insurance companies will offer you the best life insurance coverage at the best life insurance rate.
Our recommendations are always personalized. If we think that American Amicable is best for you, then we will tell you that. But, if they aren’t, we won’t try to sell you a product that’s not right for you. We’ll tell you about better life insurance options for you.
If you would like to know more about American Amicable along with many other top life insurance companies, then call TermLife2Go today!
Thank you for reading our review of American Amicable. If you have any questions or comments, please leave us a message below.