Typically, what we have found is that with folks who are applying for life insurance while also taking Allegra-D (Fexofenadine), there really isn’t going to be much to worry about.
That is of course, as long as your Allegra-D prescription, is being used as an antihistamine that helps treat sneezing, coughing, runny or stuffy nose, hives, skin rashes, itchy or watery eyes, along with a host of other symptoms associated with the common cold, and is not a part of treating a larger health related problem which may or may not be of a concern to an insurance underwriter.
You may also want to read our article TermLife2Go’s Top 10 Highest Rated Life Insurance Companies, TermLife2Go’s Top No Medical Exam Life Insurance Companies! as well as Tips On Qualifying for Cheapest Life Insurance Quotes.
This is why…
You won’t find us here at TermLife2Go spending much time talking about your Allegra-D (Fexofenadine) prescription during the application process.
What we’re going to focus more time on, are some of the other factors that will help us to determine:
- What life types of life insurance you’ll be eligible for.
- What rate class you’ll most likely qualify for.
- And it a No Medical Exam term or whole life insurance option may make sense.
Typical questions that will be asked during a life insurance application include:
- Date of birth.
- Height and weight.
- Do you have any pre-existing medical conditions such as cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Has any of your immediate family members (mother, father, brother, sister) ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Do you use any tobacco or nicotine products?
- If so, what types? Cigarettes, e-cigarettes, cigar, pipe, chewing tobacco?
- Do you use marijuana?
- How is your driving record?
- Do you have any DUI’s or multiple speeding tickets within the past 3 years?
- Do you have any set plans to travel outside the United States in the next 2 years?
- Insurance companies are worried about traveling to dangerous locations, ie: Iraq, Syria, Haiti, ect, etc…
- Do you participate in any dangerous hobbies such as car racing, bungie jumping, sky diving, etc, etc…
- In the past 2 yrs have you applied for bankruptcy?
- Do you have any felonies or misdemeanors on your record?
- Etc, etc…
As you can see, insurance companies are going to ask a lot of questions and so will we regardless of whether your applying for a term life insurance policy or a whole life insurance policy. The only difference is that when we ask these questions, we do so, so that we can try to determine which insurance company is going to be best for you.
For example, let’s take a look at the question about bankruptcies.
You may be asking yourself, what does a bankruptcy have to do with whether or not I should be able to qualify for life insurance?
Now we can’t really help you out with “Why” life insurance companies care whether or not you have any bankruptcies, but what we can tell you is that most insurance companies are going to make it a part of their underwriting guidelines (most, but not all).
Some insurance companies are ok with bankruptcies:
- As long as they have been finalized (chapter 7 bankruptcies).
- Or may just want to see that you are current with your payments (chapter 11 and 13).
While other insurance companies won’t even consider an application that has a bankruptcy on it till 2 years has passed!
It’s always better have options when applying.
Now this is just one example of how life insurance companies can be “Quirky” when it comes to their underwriting practices.
Which is why…
Working with a company like TermLife2Go who isn’t bound to any one life insurance company. rather, we maintain the flexibility to pick and choose from dozens of highly rated companies so that we can help you determine which life insurance company is going to be best for you!
The No Medical Exam Option…
Lastly, once we’ve nailed down what rate class you’ll most likely qualify for, and we’ve narrowed down our options when it comes to which life insurance companies that we should choose from, we always like to compare those options to a new trend in the industry…. The No Medical Exam Option.
These No Medical Exam term and whole life insurance policies offer clients a great opportunity to:
- Avoid taking a medical exam.
- Become insured within 24 hours.
- And the benefit on not learning that you may have a pre-existing condition such as, high blood pressure or high cholesterol, during your actual life insurance application process.
So what are you waiting for? Just give us a call and see just what we can do for you!
Lastly you may also be interested in taking a look at our Life Insurance Quotes page where you can compare life insurance quote from companies that will require a medical exam vs companies that won’t require a medical exam side by side!