You may also want to read our article Comparing the Best Life Insurance Companies, Reviewing the top 10 No Medical Exam Life Insurance Policies! as well as Tips to Qualify for Cheap Life Insurance Quotes.
It’s been our experiences here at TermLife2Go that if you find yourself “Googling” the term “life insurance while using Advair Diskus” you’re typically going through one of two different situations.
Either you’ve just been denied life insurance or, you’ve been approved, but the rate that you received wasn’t exactly what you were hoping for.
So regardless of how or why you found us…
We’re glad you have and we’re ready to help!
Finding coverage for those using Advair Diskus.
When it comes time to finding life insurance coverage for someone that has been prescribed Advair Diskus, it’s important to understand why they’ve been prescribed this medication.
You see, Advair Diskus is a prescription medication used to prevent asthma attacks as well as flare-ups or worsening symptoms associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Which means that from an underwriter prospective, this applicant could theoretically qualify for a “preferred” rate class or, they could be immediately denied depending on the severity of the condition being treated.
This is why it’s so important to work with an agent that is familiar with both asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and knows exatly what questions an insurance underwriter is going to want to have answered prior to make any decisions one way or another.
It’s all about the prep work!
It’s amazing how simply preparing a life insurance application the right way right, a skilled insurance agent can often times set the “tone” for how an application will be viewed.
For example, when it comes to applicants who are using Advair Diskus, the insurance companies are generally going to want some additional information before making any final decisions.
Information such as:
- What condition are you using the Advair Diskus to treat?
- When were you first diagnosed with this condition?
- Have you ever been hospitalized due to this condition?
- Over the past 12 months, have you experienced any attacks or worsening of symptoms?
- Do you currently use an tobacco or nicotine products?
- Do you have any other pre-existing medical conditions?
- Are you currently working?
- Are you currently or have you ever received any form or disability benefits?
And by preparing that information in the initial application process an experience agent can accomplish 2 things.
- Make it clear to the insurance underwriter that you the agent understand what underwriting guidelines need to be met, prior to approval.
- If it looks like a like a candidate won’t be approved, alternative to a fully underwriter term or whole life insurance policy can be proposed. After all if it doesn’t look like you’re going to qualify, does it really make sense to waste your time taking a medical exam?
A proper application can also help determine two other important factors:
- What rate class an applicant will generally be eligible for.
- And which insurance company/companies we should first take a look at.
Because it’s important to note…
There will be cases where some clients that simply won’t be eligible for a traditional term or whole life insurance policy (particularly if you combine asthma and/or COPD with tobacco use). But you really won’t know until a thorough application interview has been performed.
After all, it’s quite possible that you may have applied for coverage with one of the many life insurance companies that really “frown” upon folks with Asthma or COPD, you just never know.
It all starts with a simple phone call from you.
During that initial phone call our agent will first learn a little bit about you and what you’re hoping to achieve by buying your life insurance. For example, are we trying to:
- Protect the family?
- Cover a mortgage?
- Secure a SBA loan?
- Protect an inheritance?
- Etc, etc…
And then after understanding what you’re looking for, we’ll try to match your needs with some of the best life insurance companies out there!
What are you waiting for? Give us a call today and let us see what we can do for you!
Lastly you may also be interested in taking a look at our Life Insurance Quotes page where you can compare life insurance quote from companies that will require a medical exam vs companies that won’t require a medical exam side by side!