Getting approved for life insurance while taking Cosopt shouldn’t really be an issue simply because Cosopt isn’t a medication that is commonly associated with any “life threatening” conditions.
In fact, the only real use for Cosopt is to treat Glaucoma.
Now don’t get us wrong…
Medically untreated or poorly maintained Glaucoma can cause some devastating medical consequences such as blindness, but in general, the consequences regardless of how dire, shouldn’t play a role in your life insurance application.
So if Cosopt isn’t going to be a factor, what will?
Generally, anytime someone openly volunteers that they are currently taking Cosopt its usually because they’re just a bit over “anxious” about the life insurance application in general.
These clients tend to concerned about the entire process and just don’t want to “mess” anything up by not disclosing “everything”.
“37 years ago I used to smoke cigarettes.”
“8 years ago, I had an appendectomy”
“I have 2 parking tickets, is that what insurance companies look for when they check my driving record?”
For this reason, sometimes it helps to just briefly review what life insurance companies are “looking” for during a life insurance application in an effort to alleviate some of this stress.
General Questions Found on Most Life Insurance Applications:
- Height and weight?
- Do you have any pre-existing medical conditions?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Has any of your immediate family members such as mother, father, brother or sister ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Are you currently taking any other prescription medications other than Cosopt?
- In the past 12 months have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- In the past 12 months have used any marijuana products?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months have you applied for or received any forms of disability benefits?
- Do you have any issues on your driving record such as multiple moving violations, or DUI’s?
- Do you have any set plans to travel outside of the United States in the next 2 years?
- In the past 2 years have you or do you plan on participating in any dangerous hobbies or activities such as sky diving, hot air ballooning, or rock climbing?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony?
- Do you have any misdemeanors on your record?
- In the past 2 years have you ever filed for bankruptcy?
- Etc, etc…
As you can see, the list of questions that an insurance company is going to ask can be quite extensive. This is because they use these types of questions to not only “weed” out “unhealthy” applicants but also helps to evaluate their “risk” on clients who may be healthy, but choose to live a “risky” life style.
Here at TermLife2Go.
We here at TermLife2Go also like to use these questions in our initial interview to help us determine:
- The type of life insurance coverage you’ll be able to qualify for.
- The “rate class” you’ll likely receive from an individual insurance company.
- And which life insurance company is most likely going to be the best one for you.
You see, here at TermLife2Go, we operate as an independent life insurance brokerage capable of working with dozens of different life insurance companies so that when we encounter an issue with one insurance companies underwriting, we can just move on to the next best available option.
For example, did you know some insurance companies won’t insure someone who…
- Travels into certain areas of Mexico (Juarez, Tijuana, etc.).
- Has filed for bankruptcy within the past 2 years.
- Has type 1 Diabetes.
- Has recently received a DUI.
- Currently uses marijuana.
- Has a felony on their record regardless of how long ago.
- Etc, etc…
This is why regardless of how “healthy” you are, having dozens of options to choose from when looking to purchase a life insurance policy is never a bad idea!
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!
Lastly, for those who don’t really want to speak with an agent before they have a chance to look at a few quotes, we would encourage you to check out our Compare Life Insurance Quotes Instantly page when you have a chance since it will provide you with dozens of quotes instantly!