Now we’ll pretty much get at least one or two calls a day from folks who either have high blood pressure or are wondering if their elevated blood pressure will affect their life insurance application.
And when you actually take the time…
To review some of the data has been collected by the American Heart Association, your almost forced to wonder why we don’t get this question more often!
- For non-Hispanic whites, 33.4 percent of men and7 percent of women.
- For non-Hispanic blacks, 42.6 percent of men and 47.0 percent of women.
- For Mexican Americans,1 percent of men and 28.8 percent of women.
This is why…
When we have someone give us a call that is currently taking Lotrel to lower their blood pressure, it’s almost like a relief!
This is because…
At least with these clients, we know that their aware that they have elevated blood pressure which will also typically mean that they’ve:
- Seen their primary care physician within the last 2 years.
- Had a physical within the last two years.
- And be pretty “aware” of what their overall health status is.
Much less likely to learn during the life insurance application process that these folks also have some type of “undiagnosed” medical condition such as high cholesterol or diabetes which can really “mess” up one’s life insurance application.
Those that are currently using Lotrel to treat their blood pressure for at least 6 months, and have seen positive results, it’s quite possible that you may be eligible for some of the best life insurance rate out there, AKA: Preferred or Preferred Plus.
Insurance companies, in general, aren’t going to discriminate against those who are currently using a prescription medication to lower their blood pressure, which is why if you are currently using Lotrel to lower you blood pressure, don’t stop taking it in an effort to improve your life insurance application.
So if Lotrel isn’t going to affect my life insurance application, what will?
Other factors that may come in to play that could potential affect your life insurance application would include:
- Your age.
- Your current height and weight?
- In the past 12 months have you used any tobacco or nicotine products?
- Have you been diagnosed with any other pre-existing medical conditions other than hypertension?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Has any of your immediate family members (mother, father, brother or sister) ever been diagnosed with cancer, heart disease, stroke or diabetes?
- Are you currently taking any other prescription medications other than Lotrel?
- In the past 12 months have you used any type of marijuana products?
- Do you have any issues with your driver’s license such as a suspended license, multiple moving violations or DUI?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?
- Do you have any set plans to travel outside of the United States within the next 2 years?
- Do you actively participate in any dangerous activities or hobbies such as hang gliding, bungee jumping or race car driving?
- Are you currently working now?
- In the past 12 months have you applied for or received any form of disability benefits?
Now as you can see, insurance companies are going to ask a lot of questions to determine the relative health of an applicant as well as try to determine if an applicant partakes in any “dangerous” lifestyle choices.
But don’t get too worried…
Because even if you’ve answered “Yes” to every one of these questions, there’s still a really good chance that you’ll be able to find a great life insurance policy IF you know where to look!
Which is exactly what we do here at TermLife2Go.
You see, here at TermLife2Go, we’ve chosen to remain an independent life insurance brokerage that is able to work with dozens of highly rated life insurance companies so that when it comes time to finding that perfect “fit” for you and your family, we’re going to have dozens of options to choose from!
So what are you waiting for? Give us a call today and see what we can do for you!
Ok so if you ready to start “shopping” your options and don’t want to have to wait for an email to arrive with your quotes or speak with an agent for 20 minutes, just click on our Term Life Insurance Quotes and get access to your quotes instantly!
And since we still have your attention…
It’s fair to say that most people who decide to purchase a life insurance policy do so that they can protect their loved one’s financial future in the event of their death.
But what happens if you get sick but don’t die?
Is your family’s financial future still protected? Probably not. Which is why we would encourage you to also take a look at the following articles which will discuss some other “types” of life insurance policies that can not only protect your family’s financial future, they could also significantly help our your own as well.