Most people searching for Banner Life Insurance Reviews are doing so for confirmation that they have picked the best company. But what criteria determines which company is truly the best? We wrote our article on the best life insurance companies in the United States with that question in mind. Our focus is on the various niches in the life insurance landscape.
2017 Review of Banner Life Insurance
Banner. Your Company For Life.™ If you are looking for Banner Life Insurance Reviews then you are in the right place. This review will highlight the company’s many strengths, including the company’s specific niches. We will conclude the article with our recommendation if Banner is the right company for you.
Banner Life Insurance Reviews 2017
At TermLife2Go, we love this company. In fact, Banner ranks as one of our top ten best life insurance companies in the United States. Banner Life Insurance Company has been around for more than 60 years. The company is owned by Legal and General America, who has been around since the 1800’s. We are talking about 177 years of life insurance history.
Banner has been the king of the standard and table rate classes for a few years. In 2016, Banner is starting off the same way. The Company continues to be on the cutting edge in terms of underwriting and pricing for those who are not that healthy, such as those who struggle with diabetes, sleep apnea, atrial fibrillation, etc… The following sample quotes demonstrate Banner’s position as the low price leader for a standard rate class. Banner ranks in the top three, if not number one, for all the following sample quotes.
Banner Life Insurance Quotes
Sample Banner term life insurance rates are based on a 40 year old male at a standard non tobacco health class as of January 2016. Rates subject to change and must be qualified for. For a more accurate quote, please give us a call today or enter your info below.
|Face Amount||10 Year||20 Year||30 Year|
For more personalized Banner Life Insurance rates, please enter your info below.
Some more areas that set Banner apart from the competition
A.M. Best Company rating
As you may have read in other Banner Life Insurance reviews, last affirmed July 02, 2015, the Legal and General America boasts an A+ rating for financial strength and operating performance from A.M. Best Company, the premier ratings agency. An A+ rating with A.M. Best is only handed out to top tier companies that show a solid balance sheet. Speaking of balance sheet, check out these stats:
- Per their website, Legal and General America has over $624 billion of life insurance in force and over $6.2 billion in assets.
As of May 2016, Banner has made major steps to enter the no medical exam life insurance marketplace. Similar to Principal Financial Group, Banner Life offers innovative automated underwriting for prospective clients who meet certain criteria. What this means is that qualifying applicants may be approved for coverage without the need for a medical exam, labs, or attending physician statements.
About Legal and General’s APPcelerate:
- No Medical Exam
- Preferred Plus rates available
- Available for Ages 20-50
- 10, 15, 20, 30 year terms available
- Available for $100,000 – $500,000 Face Amounts
Some additional key areas of strength
Banner is often one of the most affordable life insurance companies for the following:
- Banner offers renewable and convertible term life insurance to age 95. Most competitors only allow policies to be renewed to age 90, so Banner is ahead of the competition here.
- Term insurance is ideal for those who need protection for a specific amount of time. Some examples would include covering the primary bread winner until the kids are out of the house, covering an SBA loan for the duration, or for a divorce settlement requiring coverage until the kids are independent.
- Banner offers a level premium universal life policy as well as term life insurance in case you need to lock into a permanent policy.
- Banner offers the typical accelerated death benefit rider. If you are diagnosed as terminally ill, you can receive a portion of your life insurance while you are alive to help pay bills, hospice or other important matters.
- Banner’s underwriting for people with diabetes is excellent. Banner typically offers the best universal and term life insurance rates (think cheapest price on life insurance for diabetics) along with some of the more liberal underwriting requirements for people with diabetes.
$50,000 Guaranteed Universal Life policy
Another positive of Banner Life is that the company offers a $50,000 Guaranteed Universal Life (GUL) policy. The majority of life insurance companies start at $100,000 for a GUL policy. Banner fills an important niche for someone looking for a permanent policy but who does not need $100,000 of life insurance coverage.
Liberal Underwriting for Specific Health Issues
Banner is one of the more liberal underwriters out there. For example, we had a client apply with us who had a history of seizures and atrial fibrillation. We asked around to the various companies we work with to see who would be the best fit. Most companies were coming back with tentative offers of table B and below. However, Banner gave us a tentative offer of standard.
In the end, Banner Life Insurance offered this client with a history of seizures and atrial fibrillation a standard plus rate class.
Obviously results will vary but we at TermLife2Go believe the above example shows two things: 1) that going with the right company pays off, and 2) that going with TermLife2Go pays off.
Banner Life Insurance Reviews: Some Additional Key Niches
- If you would otherwise qualify for a preferred plus rate class based on your health, then after three years of no tobacco or nicotine use you can qualify for a preferred plus rate class. Many competitors make you wait a full five years for this benefit.
- If you have high cholesterol treated with medications and your cholesterol is under control, you can still qualify for a preferred plus rate class. Most competitors will only offer preferred.
- Do you have high blood pressure but it is controlled with medication? With Banner Life you can still qualify for a preferred plus rate class. Most competitors will only offer preferred.
- Diabetic life insurance clients can qualify for a standard plus rate class compared with the typical standard rate class offered by most competitors.
- Asthma sufferers on two or less medications can qualify for a preferred rate class. Most competitors will place you at a standard rate class.
- Anxiety and depression clients can qualify for a preferred rate class if the disorder is well controlled.
Banner Life versus the Competition
There are so many factors that determine which company to choose and which company to pass on that to cover everything would require you to simply give us a call. However, the following is an attempt to give a brief, though limited, snapshot of the main differences between Banner and the competition.
Banner Life versus SBLI: Banner takes the prize on certain term lengths and universal life insurance; SBLI takes the prize on certain other term lengths. However, things change when you switch up the face amounts.
Banner Life versus Prudential: Banner focuses on nearest age and Prudential uses your actual age. Therefore, if you just had a birthday, Prudential might be the best choice.
Banner Life versus MetLife: MetLife and Banner are great at underwriting life insurance if you have type 1 diabetes. However, other health factors might sway our recommendation in one direction or the other.
Banner Life versus Protective: Protective has been pushing its competitors to play catch up when it comes to price. Banner has been one company that has kept up. Both companies offer competitive underwriting.
Where Banner Life Fails to Make the Grade
Just one of many
Banner life insurance is just one of many life insurance companies fighting for your business. We make it our priority to make sure you are getting the best deal, both before you apply, and upon approval. What that means is that if we are not happy with an offer made to you we will shop your lab results with a competitor company. This way you are guaranteed the best company at the best price for your specific needs and lifestyle.
So in summary, Banner Life Insurance Company is a solid choice for life insurance. A few of the agents at TermLife2Go have life insurance with Banner. So if Banner happens to be the company that offers you the best rate, don’t be afraid to apply with them. They are a solid company with a great reputation in the life insurance community.
However, the key take away from this Banner Life Insurance Review is don’t settle for just ONE of many companies. Apply with TermLife2Go and keep your options open.
We realize that in today’s world, people are busier than they have ever been before. Today’s dollar needs to stretch farther than it ever needed to in the past, and people just want to be able to find an affordable life insurance policy without having to speak with a dozen different agents. For this reason we’ve simplified the process by letting you shop dozens of different top rated life insurance carriers. At TermLife2Go, we’re looking for lifetime customers that will recommend their friends and family to us which is why we place customer satisfaction above all else.
For a free life insurance consultation and for free quotes from Banner and dozens of other top rated life insurance companies, please call us today.
Thank you for reading our article, Banner Life Insurance Reviews. If you have any questions please leave a comment below.